lucozade

bump+1

Reaction score
hello me again!

i was wondering lucozade could harm the baby!

norma

I wondered the same thing, I don't think there's anything in it that could harm the baby, not like other energy/caffeine drinks anyway. I had a small bottle the other day when I was really thirsty, I would say, like most things, it'd be fine in moderation.

my midwife recommended it for me.. i tend to get headaches when i dont eat alot of sugar although m,y sugar levels are fine think im just too used to choc! so i used to have a small bottle of lucazade every day. just sipped it thru the day and it kept the headaches away! i have one now if im planning to go out during the day as i get very tired nowadays! im taking some to the hospital with me!

My midwife actually recomends taking lucozade with you for the delivery, to keep you hydrated and keep your energy levels up for the birth!

Hi Norma

In my first pregnancy I had a glucose tolerance test at my local hospital. Instead of the usual glucose drink that they give most patients they gave all the pregnant ladies lucozade to drink - it's a lot nicer taste! When I went back to test again after I had given birth I had to suffer the glucose drink with everybody else - YUCK!! I'm sure they would not have gotten me to drink it if it wasn't safe for the baby. Unfortunately, due to my gestational diabetes I have to avoid it now and stick to diet drinks - they're just not the same!

Sunshine

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back