Lubricant and ttc

Robyn_mcl

Reaction score
Hi ladies was just wondering if you have any advice? Someone told me today that you shouldnt use it when ttc? Any thoughts? X x

normal lube ie durex range or ky are not sperm friendly. the sperm firndly ones i have heard off are Pre-seed and Concieve Plus. Concieve Plus can be bought in Boots for around £15, not sure about any others.

I'm curious about lubricant too - are the baby friendly ones a good substitute for ewcm as I'm not sure I produce enough (sorry tmi!).... Thanks x

I'm curious about lubricant too - are the baby friendly ones a good substitute for ewcm as I'm not sure I produce enough (sorry tmi!).... Thanks x

I thought ewcm is a sign you are ovulating? :shock:

It usually is, but I've been checking for mine and haven't really found any, so I'm worried it will get in the way of ttc (I know i'm ovulating as just had a blood test to confirm :) ) xx

i would love to know about the which lube to use to!! i shall google and let you no x x

It usually is, but I've been checking for mine and haven't really found any, so I'm worried it will get in the way of ttc (I know i'm ovulating as just had a blood test to confirm :) ) xx

Oh right!!

I am still not au fait with all this TTC jargon...

I didn't think ewcm served any purpose other than to let you know you should bd? (of course it acts as lube too - silly me! doh !!)

Last edited:
It's not just a lube Carnat22 - it's helps the sperm swim up to your egg, so is really important... Don't worry, I'm learning new stuff from this forum all the time! :)

shorty88 I'm thinking of trying yesbaby lube as it's sperm friendly and all natural too - just a bit confused about whether it's a good alternative to ewcm?? Might pose this as a separate question on the forum actually as need to buy some soon... xx

Last edited:
bloody expensive aint it like 12.99 for a little tube (proseed) oh well all in the name of baby making i may go get some ready for the xmas fun to begin x x

I know - this babymaking business is pretty costly! I suppose it's nothing in comparison to the cost of a baby, so we better get used to it! lol :D xx

It's not just a lube Carnat22 - it's helps the sperm swim up to your egg, so is really important... Don't worry, I'm learning new stuff from this forum all the time! :)

I really did not know this LOL!!

Although I have been bd'ing when I get it :shock:

xxxxxxxxx

LOL! wow i felt silly posting this question! great that im not the only one! i sometimes need a bit of help in that department and was just thinking we bd the other night (in prep for ov) and we used lube.... turns out the one we used kills sperm :( so def going to invest in some Pre-seed or Concieve Plus.... good point the EWCM Ceebee....
I didnt know that either (it helps the sperm swim up to your egg, so is really important)..... learn something new every day!!
Im really interested to hear if it does help... as a good alternative to ewcm too now!

xx

I used Preseed the month I got my BFP. I got the one with the applicators which you use to squirt it up inside and coat your cervix before you BD. My only tip is use less that the instructions say. It's really gloopy stuff, if you are not careful you end up swimming in the stuff.

hee hee thanks ninjaKitty!! really good to know that you got your BFP when you used it!!! Congrads!! xx

I used Sasmar Conceive Plus and got my BFP the first month of using it, don't know if this is coincidence or not but it must have helped as I have never had much CM and never seen any EWCM. x

oohh.... think we have stumbled onto something here ladies!! Thanks Emma and NinjaKitty!!! xx

Hey, I'm old so I basically threw everything at it. Dunno if it helped but I deffo used it the two months leading up to BFP. Had to be worth a try. GL all :dust:

Last edited:
I've got bfps using both preseed and conceive plus. They both have pros and cons:

Preseed is more expensive but managed to make it last longer (as someone suggested, using less than the recommended amount)
Conceive plus is cheaper and handier to get (Boots)
Preseed is only available online but usually get freebies like opks and hpts with them on amazon or ebay.
Conceive Plus is available in little one-use pods which is handy when you're in a frenzy ;) xx

So haven't managed to use any yet, hoping I'm not out yet! We bd CD 9 and 16 only! Wanted to during but hubby has had a bit of a cold :-( hopefully still in for a chance with what we've managed! FX! Hope everyones had a lovely xmas! X x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back