Low temp, cold & clammy - Updated with rash photo post 12

Sam's Mum

Reaction score
I'm a bit worried about Toby...for the last couple of days he's been dribbling so much (this isn't what's worried me but don't know if it's related :lol:) that if he's in bed half the sheet is soaked within about 5 minutes - he's never dribbled, even when he's got the rest of his teeth. Thought it was all because he was teething, but all day today his skin all over has been really cold and clammy - we haven't been anywhere cold, house is warm and he's been dressed in warm clothes but he feels really cold and sticky. Tonight he started shivering so much he was shaking all over, his heart was racing and I took his temperature 4 times and the highest I got was 35 - tested it on Sam to see if it was my thermometer but his was normal. I called the out of hours doctor but they just said to keep an eye on him.

Anyone else had this? Any idea what it could be? I put him to bed tonight and he started screaming in his sleep but is now asleep and dribbling again...

Last edited:
sorry no great advice, maybe ring docs back saying hes still not normal?? strange symptoms arent they x

Thanks x They said to watch him over the next few hours so I doubt they'll say anything else now :( He's up again and soaking with sweat but feels cold. Maybe just the start of a fever?

Last edited:
Yeah i would have thought so, his body is obviously all out of sync if hes cold but sweating, it will prob be a full on cold or something tomorrow! poor lil tyke!! xxx

I dont have any idea hun, I'm trying to keep AJ's temp down atm.

Hope Toby is feeling better soon. x

Hope AJ's ok too :hug:

He's now fast asleep on me because I don't want to put him back down! x

lol bless him! must be hard when they are poorly! xx

It is but it does mean I get extra cuddles :cloud9:

My house is a mess though because I haven't had a chance to clean up after the boys today!

My son always gets low temperatures when he is sick (about 35 as well), and last time I took him to the GP who said that it is quite common to get either low or high temperatures in kids if they have a virus. And my son always seems to get the low temperatures instead of a fever.

Hope he is feeling better this morning!!

Sorry hun, I haven't any experience with sick kiddies :oops: But I hope the little man is feeling better soon :hug: xx

The sweating is probably lowering it, it'll be a virus hun. Hope lil man is ok :hug:

Pretty sure it's a virus now - this afternoon he suddenly came out in a rash all over his tummy, back and upper arms...does this look like a viral rash? It's redder than it looks in the photo and he's not a very happy boy :( It's got worse since then but doesn't show up as well in photos with a flash now that it's dark

DSCF4453.jpg

oh hun, I really dont know. I hope someone can help.
Hope he's better soon. x

It looks like the rash my son has when he had his virus, it did clear fully in 2-3 days. Hope it's getting better!!

Thank you - that's made me feel a lot better. His rash is still there but he's just had the longest nap ever and seems a but happier now. His temperature is normal too so hopefully he's getting better :)

Hun, I've been thinking about you all, all day. How is Toby? And his rash?

Thank you.
AJ came out in a viral rash head to toe this morning, really scared me as I didnt have a clue what it was. Just got in from work and its worse but Dr said its the end of the virus.

Goodness, poor little fella and poor you! Its such a worry when they are ill xx

Poor AJ :( Hope this is the end of it and the rash is gone soon. Toby's still got the rash and was really grumpy this morning but he had the longest nap ever this afternoon and has been so much happier since he got up - eating normally and his temperature is ok again so I'm hoping this is the end of it. Hope AJ's better soon too :hug: x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back