Low Sperm Morphology?

aimeeg92

Reaction score
Hello everyone! I'm new to this forum and this is my first posting so I apologise if this topic has already been covered somewhere else..

Me and my OH have been TTC for about 18 months now, we are both young and otherwise healthy (mid 20s) and have had some fertility tests done by our GP, all of mine have came back fine (blood tests inc. 21 day progesterone, cervical swabs etc.) but my OH's semen analysis came back with low morphology at 3% (count and motility were very good though) and so we are thinking perhaps this is why we cannot conceive? (I have a 5 year old son from a previous relationship so I know it's possible for me to conceive: he wasn't planned and I conceived immediately)

We have an appointment booked in at the fertility clinic in August but were wondering if anyone on here had any luck conceiving with low morphology, whether naturally or with fertility treatments? Or even any advice that could improve our odds? We have very regular sex (every 1-3 days tops) and my OH has recently decided to cut down his alcohol intake (which is only at the weekends anyway, he isn't an excessive drinker) and has also started taking Wellman Conception multivitamins, Vitamin C & Pycnogenol to try and help boost his percentage.

Fingers crossed someone on here can give us some hope! TIA xx

My oh has previously had low numbers alongside low morphology and motility he started taking wellman, vitamin C & Vitamin E and smoothies which included spirulina and Maccy power Which greatly helped with his numbers. Our current clinic focused on his Dna fragmentation which was borderline we have to have IVF by our first clinic in the uk used ICSI and was unsuccessful but our current clinic in Athens put hubby on a sperm protocol and we managed to get two perfect embryos from our latest IVF (without using ICSI) & we are now 10 weeks pregnant with twinnies

My baby's dad suffered from low morphology (count & motility also fine), initially one test showed 0-1% normal. 3% is the border between low & ok. He managed to get it up to 8% normal a year later through a combination of vitamin tablets and healthy living (started exercising a lot more). I think maca is one of the key nutrients that are thought to help a man get healthy sperm.

We eventually got the "perfect embryo" on round 3 of IVF with ICSI, after over 3 years TTC.

Good luck xx

Hubby's morphology was 2% but because his other levels were good our fertility consultant wasn't bothered at all and we conceived naturally. Good luck xx

My oh has previously had low numbers alongside low morphology and motility he started taking wellman, vitamin C & Vitamin E and smoothies which included spirulina and Maccy power Which greatly helped with his numbers. Our current clinic focused on his Dna fragmentation which was borderline we have to have IVF by our first clinic in the uk used ICSI and was unsuccessful but our current clinic in Athens put hubby on a sperm protocol and we managed to get two perfect embryos from our latest IVF (without using ICSI) & we are now 10 weeks pregnant with twinnies

Aw congratulations! My younger brother and sister were IVF twins - so pleased you finally got your BFP :) x

My baby's dad suffered from low morphology (count & motility also fine), initially one test showed 0-1% normal. 3% is the border between low & ok. He managed to get it up to 8% normal a year later through a combination of vitamin tablets and healthy living (started exercising a lot more). I think maca is one of the key nutrients that are thought to help a man get healthy sperm.

We eventually got the "perfect embryo" on round 3 of IVF with ICSI, after over 3 years TTC.

Good luck xx

Thank you hunny, I'm glad you managed to get your BFP in the end :) x

Hubby's morphology was 2% but because his other levels were good our fertility consultant wasn't bothered at all and we conceived naturally. Good luck xx

Oh wow that's encouraging @Unicorn - congratulations!! :) how long were you TTC? Our GP didn't seem concerned about the results of our SA either but everything I have read online about low morphology seems to be really negative :( I've just got out the SA results paperwork and they are as follows:

Vol. Produced 3.36ml (1.5)
PH 8.1 (0-14)
Viscosity: Normal
Concentration: 61.5mill/ml (15 mill/ml)
Total sperm/ejaculate: 206.64mill (39)
Liquefaction: Complete
Agglutination: No
Appearance: Normal

Motility
Progressive: 62%
Non-Progressive: 4%
Immotile: 34%
Total No. of Progressively Motile: 128.1168mill (32 mill)
Total No. Motile /ml: 38.13mill/ml (15 mill/ml)

Antibodies
IgA: 14% tail
IgG: 1% tail
Morphology: 3% Normal (>4% Normal)
Round Cells: Yes 8.875mill/ml

To be honest, I don't know what half of these results really mean, all that has stuck out to me is the low morphology, if there is anything else out of the ordinary that anyone could point out to me I'd super appreciate it as everything else looks good from what I can make of it? (By the way figures in brackets are WHO normal value) x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back