Low sperm count..

Tinkerbell3

Reaction score
As anyone got any advice on best days to :bd: when OH has a low sperm count or at least how many days we should have a break for?
I'm guessing the SMEP plan is a big no, no?

If it's low enough to require ICSI then i'd suggest every 3 days - no more and no less either.

Too often and his count will become nominal and not frequent enough and the amount of dead cells will become an issue for the live ones.

Your hubby should be being relieved every 3 days regardless of your cycle too, to keep production going :) I give my hubby some "alone time" :oooo:

His count was 3million per mil, not sure if it's a one off bad result as they haven't bothered to ask to do another test :( plus somehow he managed to spill about 30-40% of the sample and we had :bd: on the friday evening and he had the test on Monday morning and we think both things probably hasn't helped the result at all.

So, I'm CD11 today and we lasted DTD CD8 and I normally ovulate around CD15/16 although sometimes it has been CD14 or 17 and all previous cycles we had been DTD everyday from about CD10 or every other day and then everyday from CD13 and obviously this was too much with a low count.
Would DTD CD 12 and then 15 and 16 seem about right?

Last edited:
I think I'd do cd 12, 15 and 16 too :)

Maybe cd 17 instead of 16 if your not sure.

I'd use a mooncup or something too to stop your vagina killing most of them off too if you have one xx

My oh had a low sperm count too, he cut out alcohol went on a diet and lost weight, only had showers and wore loose fitting clothing. He took vitamins too. I'm not sure if this is what got us preg but we did after 9 months of trying and have a healthy 1 year old boy. It does only take 1 as we were told however I didnt believe it. We were saving up fir ICSI but conceived naturally in the end I hope this happens for you xx

bidsy may i ask what your OH sperm count was? Just nice to hear a success story xxx

My oh had a low sperm count too, he cut out alcohol went on a diet and lost weight, only had showers and wore loose fitting clothing. He took vitamins too. I'm not sure if this is what got us preg but we did after 9 months of trying and have a healthy 1 year old boy. It does only take 1 as we were told however I didnt believe it. We were saving up fir ICSI but conceived naturally in the end I hope this happens for you xx

I'd also be interested in hearing how low your OH count was? it's so good to hear success stories though and keeps you positive that it CAN happen :)

My OH doesn't drink alcohol, is of a 'normal' weight and only has showers anyway so it's hard for him to try and do much more than he already does but he has started taking Wellman, extra zinc, and keep himself from getting too hot as much as possible

on improving things, PorkPie improved motility and morphology with a few changes like reduced alcohol, caffeine, phone in back pocket and supplements. His count didn't improve, but the other two got into the normal % ranges from being very low. His counts have been 0.2-0.5M/ml so it's unlikely that will allow us to get pregnant naturally, but it should mean there's more good ones for them to work with when we have ICSI

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back