Low Slow Rising HCG Levels

Discussion in 'First Trimester' started by MONK134, May 9, 2016.

1. MONK134

MONK134 New Member

Hi,

This is my second pregnancy, and I'm getting low level HCG results - hoping someone can let me know if theres a chance this pregnancy will stick?

HCGs
    Mon 2/5 23
    Tues 3/5 52 (next day)
    Mon 9/5 483

I thought these numbers are ok because they're doubling within 48hrs - but the doc says they're still quite low so I'm doing another blood test on Thursday.

My cycle is anywhere from 34-40 days and I think I OV around Weds 23rd April but I'm not 100% sure of that.

Any advice would be appreciated :wave:

2. cornishfairy

cornishfairy Well-Known Member

I'm no expert but I'd have said that looked good! How many weeks/days were you when you had the first result? X

3. MONK134

MONK134 New Member

Hi Lucy,
    Thanks for your reply, my last period was 1st April, but I have long cycles so I'm not sure if this is too low for those dates? I'm so worried, I was really hopeful but the doc thinks it's still quite low, which is confusing as my numbers are doubling in 48hrs and they seem to be in the HCG range for around 4/5 weeks... Now I wait until Thursday for another blood test!!
    Amanda

4. Beeee

Beeee Well-Known Member

This happened to me. I went for a blood test and I was advised that my levels were low and it may not be a viable pregnancy. Of course I was so worried. I went back for a retest 2 days later and my levels had more than doubled. I'm 14 weeks on Wednesday. Stay positive :) xx