Low PAPP-A

JamsMom

Reaction score
Copying from my second Tri thread.

Has anyone else experienced this? Results for Tri 21 are 1:941, 13/18 1: 4670 so low risk but PAPP-A is 0.27 MoM, average is 1. Anything under 0.40 being referred. I have been referred for an extra scan at 34 weeks. Very worried though!

TIA
Cassie

Hello! I've just rejoined the site after having my daughter in 2014.

I've been scrolling for just this!

Had my scan last week and mine is 0.32

How are you? X

Hi both of you, me too!

I just had the devastating call a couple of days ago to say I was 1:23 for Downs based on my bloods due to low Papp A and high B-HCG. I've had a harmony test and just waiting the results (excruciating) but they've already booked me in for an extra scan after 20 weeks (I think 28) because my Papp A was only 0.28.

I've read really mixed things. Lots of people saying they've had low Papp A and been fine and others saying it's meant they'd had slightly premature births due to growth issues. I'd like to 'hope' it is a cause for concern because there are things it could signal but that the reality is it could also be fine too and just something to monitor.

How far are you both now if you don't mind me asking?

Just wondering if there is anyone around with Low papp a. Mine was 0.36 at the 12 week screening and have been advised by my midwife that I shall now be scanned every 3 weeks after 26 weeks.

I have low pappA.

It hasn’t caused any issues so far. I have another scan on 10th nov to see growth. It’s caused me a lot of stress mind you! I’d advise you not to google!

I am definitely not googling. The midwife told me she won't do fundal height now. Do you see anyone after your scans or just rely on the sonographer x

Last edited:
I meant to say I was told to take aspirin as well. Apparently it can mean a slightly higher risk of preeclampsia so the aspirin is to offset that I believe. The gp didn’t know anything about it so I think this pathway is relatively new and perhaps still developing.

They weren’t overly worried about it when I asked. I have scans and then see the consultant at 28, 32 and 36 weeks to discuss growth and then delivery options.

Thankyou for replying. My midwife wasn't all that informative just said she's put the card in the ultrasound department and if I haven't heard anything by my 20 week scan to ask when we are there. She's put on my card scan and Doppler every 3 weeks. Maybe they will send a letter.
No-one has mentioned aspirin but like you say if it's a new thing.

I work in a large Trust very closely with a medical director (consultant cardiac surgeon) and he laughed and said at that MG of aspirin it was more like homeopathy :rofl: ie not scientifically plausible.

It’s good you’re getting the Doppler scan as routine. I won’t get that unless growth issues present.

I wouldn’t worry too much about it. I’ve not had any issues so far. In fact at 20 weeks this baby was already measuring big!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back