Low PAPP-A

JamsMom

Reaction score
Has anyone else experienced this? Results for Tri 21 are 1:941, 13/18 1: 4670 so low risk but PAPP-A is 0.27 MoM, average is 1. Anything under 0.40 being referred. I have been referred for an extra scan at 34 weeks.

TIA
Cassie

It can be a sign that your placenta is not functioning as well as they'd like so the scan will be to check baby's growth and to check the placenta

Yeah PAPP-a is about your placenta function, I thought they may have put u on aspirin but I think it's most beneficial from 12 weeks I think? But not totally sure X u def want extra scans but I would have thought earlier than 34 weeks? I lost my boy due to placenta failure but his pappa-a was over 1 so I don't know how significant it is anyway! With this lady it's 0.53 and so far growth fine but I am having scans every 2 weeks, mainly for my reassurance X keep a close eye on movements when u start with them and if worried tell them or ask for more checks xx it does not mean u will have any problems but make sure they keep a close eye on u and baby xxx

I don't think they intend to do anything other than the extra scan at 24 weeks and with it being 0.27 I'm now extremely worried :(

It may not mean anything Hun, when they scan you they will probably check blood flow and the placenta and all may well be fine, like I say harrisons Papp-a was normal so it meant nothing with him, it may just mean baby needs to come out a bit earlier, the fact they are scanning u is really good because any growth issues and they can do things to help, it's much better they are aware of it now, with me we had no idea because all my bloods were normal and he was fine at 20 weeks growth wise.

Thankyou, I'm sorry to hear about Harrison :( xx

Mine was low with my last pregnancy and it's low with this a pregnancy which was the reason for my higher percentage chance for downs.

My last pregnancy they didn't do anything. No extra scans etc. It's supposed to mean a low birth weight, he was 9.9lb.
I'm at a different hospital this time round and they have said they may want to do growth scans every 4 weeks from 28weeks.

I'm not worried at all.

I don't know what my actual score was yet as I don't have the paperwork for it.

I've just been told I've got this. Someone rang me the other day after having my blood taken at my dating scan. I have to see a consultant on 30th and have to take aspirin every day but other than that I'm pretty clueless about it all. She did mention having 3 extra scans after 28 weeks. To be honest I was so overwhelmed and thought she was ringing to say there was a problem with the chromosome tests that I didn't really ask many questions so just been researching online...

I've just been told I've got this. Someone rang me the other day after having my blood taken at my dating scan. I have to see a consultant on 30th and have to take aspirin every day but other than that I'm pretty clueless about it all. She did mention having 3 extra scans after 28 weeks. To be honest I was so overwhelmed and thought she was ringing to say there was a problem with the chromosome tests that I didn't really ask many questions so just been researching online...

Do you know what level yours is? X

No, I thoght it would be on the letter I received yesterday but that just said I was low risk for the 3 chromosomal conditions. Seeing a consultant on Monday so should beable to find out then

No, I thoght it would be on the letter I received yesterday but that just said I was low risk for the 3 chromosomal conditions. Seeing a consultant on Monday so should beable to find out then

Thankyou, can you let me know what they say as mine is extremely low and I've not been referred. Every county works different I suppose but there should be the same support everywhere. X

Thankyou, can you let me know what they say as mine is extremely low and I've not been referred. Every county works different I suppose but there should be the same support everywhere. X

Of course! I will update you tomorrow

Of course! I will update you tomorrow

Thankyou :). I was just looking at the bump pictures and realised they go back to 2005 and found mine so I've been able to find my old account as couldn't remember the username or email address I had back then! So I'm JamsMom, 10 years on!!!

So I've just got back from hospital. Didn't end up seeing the consultant, instead we were seen by the junior doctor who didn't seem to know what he was doing tbh. Didn't even realised I had low Papp-a until I prompted him to read my notes. Didn't find out my actual level but got my prescription for aspirin and booked in for extra growth scans at 28, 32 and 36 weeks. He said my mw would check my bp every 2 weeks from 28 weeks then every week from 32 weeks but didn't know the exact risk of developing complications. All in all I didn't find it very helpful!

So I've just got back from hospital. Didn't end up seeing the consultant, instead we were seen by the junior doctor who didn't seem to know what he was doing tbh. Didn't even realised I had low Papp-a until I prompted him to read my notes. Didn't find out my actual level but got my prescription for aspirin and booked in for extra growth scans at 28, 32 and 36 weeks. He said my mw would check my bp every 2 weeks from 28 weeks then every week from 32 weeks but didn't know the exact risk of developing complications. All in all I didn't find it very helpful!

Oh no! He sounds useless. Sounds like your county are a lot more proactive about it than mine though. I might try and get a phone appointment with my midwife to see what she thinks if I can't find out more at 20WS on Fri. Thankyou for updating me, I'll let you know what I find out on fri xx

Hi ladies, I don't know if this will get picked up as its not been responded to in a while but I was just wondering how you all got on with the low Papp A results? I have 0.28 level and worrying a bit. I'm 15 weeks but they've not put me on aspirin just said I'll have more scans. Would be interested to hear how JamsMom got on?

Hi again lovely! Posting so I can see any replies too. Hope you're ok xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back