low papp-a levels help

Noseem

Reaction score
So we had bloods done came back low risk of downs and everything else ok but low levels of papp-a does anyone know what this means or heard it before

So we had bloods done came back low risk of downs and everything else ok but low levels of papp-a does anyone know what this means or heard it before

Hey I have this (now in my third trimester!).

It's nothing to worry about. It means there's a slightly increased risk of slow growth or placenta not working as well in later pregnancy.

Most NHS trusts do serial growth scans from around 28 weeks to check on this and ensure there's no problem. My next scan is on Tues and I'll be 34 +2 then.

If it makes you feel better I've got the opposite problem to what is expected. Despite low papp-a my little man is huge (95th percentile). I've just done a second diabetes test (first was clear but 5 weeks later + glucose in urine). If I fail the diabetes test I then need to see the diabetes team, if its negative I have to see a consultant due to my baby's size big size.

The papp-a thing is just an increase risk of restricted growth, but as I show its not always the case. Hope that helps.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back