Low lying placenta, now transverse at 34 weeks

Abilouise30

Reaction score
Originally had low lying placenta went for a scan delighted to find out it had moved
Now naughty little lady is transverse am 34 weeks today. Has anyone had transverse baby, did they move? Or did you have to get a c section or try ecv?

I had exactly the same situation as you, low lying placenta and then told she was transverse. She moved the night before I had my scan to check and arrange my csection. I was convinced I'd have to have a C-section and had done so much research on it.

However as she moved last minute we had a natural birth and actually she came really quickly and easily. My husband ended up delivering her in our bathroom as we didn't have time to get to the hospital

I had exactly the same situation as you, low lying placenta and then told she was transverse. She moved the night before I had my scan to check and arrange my csection. I was convinced I'd have to have a C-section and had done so much research on it.

However as she moved last minute we had a natural birth and actually she came really quickly and easily. My husband ended up delivering her in our bathroom as we didn't have time to get to the hospital

Thank you so much for your reply. This is what I was hoping to hear!!! I have been so lucky with my three other children. My last Labour was 2 hours, I want to avoid c section completely

I'll keep my fingers crossed for you that your little one moves as well. It really can happen at the last minute so don't loose hope

I didn’t have low placenta but

I had a very weight baby. I was convince she was breach. Managed to beg for a scan to show I was right (midwife kept telling me she wasn’t breech and all would be fine!)

got scan. Baby breech. Moved in the night. Scan the next day. Baby head down.
2 days later I felt her move. Back on breech! to the hospital again. Confirmed with ultrasound !
booked ECV. Flipped night before ECV....
I still went. Baby moved again to transverse during the scan the consultant did so I ended up admitted to hospital for what they called unstable lie !
Threats of c section daily at the hospital. Baby kept flipping every 2 days average until her birth! the consultant booked my c section but I fought for my case as baby had flipped head down again.... and I convinced them to induce me and break my waters whilst baby was head down and ended up having an almost natural birth and no section :)

saying that, being hospitalised was the best decision for everybody’s safety as you don’t want your waters to break when baby is sideways!
Best of luck but as you can see babies can always turn until the last minute !!

My second was transverse until 35 weeks. They usually turn by 36. Be warned, it hurts when they’re that big!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rania89
Back