Low lying placenta at 34 weeks

Discussion in 'Pregnancy Chat' started by StaceyRainbow, Jan 8, 2016.

1. StaceyRainbow

StaceyRainbow Well-Known Member

I went for a scan today after being told I had a slightly low lying placenta on my 20 week scan..

I went back today for a scan at 34 weeks and they said its still slightly low :( I have to go back in 2 weeks to see if it's moved up if not they will book me in for a c sec I imagine.

Has anyone else had the same issue and the placenta has moved up this late on? Really don't want a c sec.

2. twinkle90

twinkle90 Well-Known Member

With my first it was low lying. Luckily it moved. I think most do move by the time the birth arrives xx

3. Bubbles1987

Bubbles1987 Well-Known Member

Mine was low first time and hadn't moved at 34 weeks, actually had got worse! I was scanned again at 36 not moved so scanned again at 38 weeks to be told it was a grade 2 placenta preveria so moved enough for natural birth but was consultant led and only allowed a sweep in hospital. I gave birth naturally and never bled and all fine. Hope it moves for you too in the end! Was told also that any signs of labour I had to go straight in but I was induced so in hospital anyway Xx p.s have low lying placenta again this time so will see if this one moves sooner in couple of weeks!

4. StaceyRainbow

StaceyRainbow Well-Known Member

Thanks that's reassuring :)

5. Georgesmum

Georgesmum Well-Known Member

mine completely moved out of the way