Low lying placenta at 34 weeks

StaceyRainbow

Reaction score
I went for a scan today after being told I had a slightly low lying placenta on my 20 week scan..

I went back today for a scan at 34 weeks and they said its still slightly low :( I have to go back in 2 weeks to see if it's moved up if not they will book me in for a c sec I imagine.

Has anyone else had the same issue and the placenta has moved up this late on? Really don't want a c sec.

With my first it was low lying. Luckily it moved. I think most do move by the time the birth arrives xx

Mine was low first time and hadn't moved at 34 weeks, actually had got worse! I was scanned again at 36 not moved so scanned again at 38 weeks to be told it was a grade 2 placenta preveria so moved enough for natural birth but was consultant led and only allowed a sweep in hospital. I gave birth naturally and never bled and all fine. Hope it moves for you too in the end! Was told also that any signs of labour I had to go straight in but I was induced so in hospital anyway Xx p.s have low lying placenta again this time so will see if this one moves sooner in couple of weeks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back