Low fluid/Induced Labour

poppy160

Reaction score
Hiya, I'm currently experiancing low fluid which was diagnosed at my 20 week scan. Since then it has been up and down, but hasn't actually got to below 'Normal' (It's always been on the brink). According to the chart in my Maternity notes amniotic fluid should peak at around 28 weeks, and at my last check about 2 weeks ago it was normal, but only just, again on the brink of being classed as below normal. Baby is growing fine, measurements are spot on, but what I would like to know is will this stop Docs letting me go into natural labour, or will it be induced? My OHs friends had a baby and she had low fluid throughout her pregnancy also and was induced because of it at around 37 weeks. I would really like to go into labour naturally..if fluid continues to be low and even goes below normal but baby is growing okay can I avoid being induced? Has anyone else had this problem with their pregnancy?

P.S I'm sorry if this is in the wrong section..if so lpease can a Mod move it..Thank You :lol:

hi hun, i think if it goes dangerously low they will induce you. i was induced with my first when i was 9 days over becus i had lost my waters without knowing, but i dnt think its the same situation as you tho. i think you have a good chance of going into labour naturally and they will only induce you if it is dangerous for your baby. my labour was fine from being induced and having no waters. hth

xxxxx

With my second i lost some of the fluids around her and that was at 24 weeks, i had to stay in hospital and have a scan every two weeks to check on the fluids, they began to increase at around 32/33 weeks, but i still had to see the consultant and have scans every 2 weeks up untill i went into labour at 38 weeks.
I think they will only induce you if babys not growing as well as it should or if baby gets detressed in anyway

Thanks for the reply. It's really put my mind at rest, I'm sure they won't get dangerously low, so glad to hear your reply! THanks v much :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kiara.y2
Back