low blood suger levels

kaytee11

Reaction score
hello my lovely ladies & bumps! hooe everyone is well :)

so anyone who doesn't know i had to have an operation friday to remove an abscess on my ass ... no kidding!

everything is fine im lying in bed very bored but i have been wondering something since friday. Friday morning in a&e the took me blood sugar levels and they were 3.6 which he said was low and they would like it between 4-7 but as i hadn't eaten it was put down to that. for the next 6-7 hours i was on a glucose drip as i was fasting right before going into theatre they checked sugar levels again and it was only up to 3.7 ?? she seemed concerned and discussed it and i was let carry on.

my question is .. is this normal? is it a sign of gestional diabeties ( as i havn't had that test yet) there is no one in my family with diabeties si know nothing about it??

thanks again :) xxx

Not sure but just wanted to say hope you have a good recovery and that bum isn't too sore!! I think we all winced a bit when we read about your op!! Could you phone midwife and ask her about glucose levels?? Seems funny they didn't chase it up at the hospital.

if you thin that seems funny it was even funnier that every 15 mins after i came round my temperature, blood pressure and heart rate was monitored but when i asked is anyone going to check baby (who clearly also got knocked out by G.A) she told me 'oh i dont know anything about babies' .. my ward was attached to midwives ward which i said nd she came back later nd said you made a very good point but the midwives are very busy. Only for baby was doing jumping jacks and i couldnt walk id of probably kicked up a storm. Ive to go in tomorrow anyways so il complain then :)
Thank you though ! .. i know i think i nearly dies when doc sid abscess i was like WHAAAT. Completely clueless i wa slike u think i can drive home after they drain it .. he informed me id probably be saying over rnight. Have to have 3 baths a day for first three days .. not as fun as ud think :) xx

i am no expert but GD is normally when your levels are too high............could be wrong though...xx

I think diabetes is normally a higher level as well.

The thing about blood sugar levels is that they can vary widely between people as well - so she was maybe concerned that yours was low - but the fact that it stayed low maybe pointed to the fact that you're always below the accepted 4-7 - especially as its not much below.

I remember a lady i used to care for who's sugar levels were horrendous - she was diabetic, and i had to test her before bed - one night i sat and chatted with her for a while before the test - and it came back at 1.7 (i think) - at that level most people would be unconcious - but she was showing no signs of anything. lol - poor wee dear couldnt figure out why i was forcing her to drink sweet milk when she felt fine.

If its worrying you, call your mw and ask for an explanation. xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back