Low blood pressure

Discussion in 'Second Trimester' started by -, Oct 10, 2005.

1. Guest

Silly question as midwife said it's nothing too much to worry about but at my 24weeks appt last week my bp was only 90/40. Has anyone else had bp that low :?

2. Sarah W Baby Belly

Sarah W Baby Belly Well-Known Member

I have my appointment this wednesday, and haven't had my blood pressure done for quite a few weeks, but I'll let you know.

3. Guest

thanks hun. didnt know if it could be low coz baby is having a growth spurt it would seem (or at least I am :lol: ).

Midwife didnt seem that worried as long as I drink enough fluids and don't feint, just seems low to me as I know it's the bottom reading which counts more than the top

4. Jessika

Jessika Well-Known Member

Hi Sami,

my bp has been 90/45 for a few weeks now - my mw said dont worry too much but just keep sugar levels up and call her if i faint..not much we can do hun - at least it's not high!

xx

5. Guest

yeah thats true! ive got a stinking cough today which is making me feel shite and horrid. Didnt go to work incase i get too dizzy. better safe than sorry eh. dont wanna feint whilst im out!

6. kellysomer

kellysomer Well-Known Member

Mine is 110/60 and low too :shock:

7. Ally

Ally Well-Known Member

I have suffered from low blood pressure for years and earlier on in pregnancy I was really bad. I was signed off for a week and my husband stayed home because one day I couldn't stand up from the toilet because I was so dizzy.

The doctor didn't seem too worried, just signed me off and told me to take it easy. It is better than high blood pressure but I know it makes you feel pretty rough. :(

8. Tiny Sue

Tiny Sue Well-Known Member

My bp has been consistently 110/70 since I got pregnant, which I think means I have always been a bit on the low side...but one week about a month ago, I had gone up to 133/78, and that was a bad day! Back down again now...the nurse told me 110/70 was not too low and not to worry about it but I've no energy for things like stairs!!!

But 90/45 sounds really low...take care of yourself!

Sue