Low amniotic fluid

Hope148

Reaction score
Hi ladies,

So I had my 20week scan on Friday everything looked good with the baby but the deepest pocket of fluid was measured at 3cm and it was obvious from the pictures that the baby looks pretty squashed. The sonagrapher said this was low and she would discuss it with the consultant. I was called back in and told the consultant wanted to see me next week to do another scan and I was sent on my way. I wasn't given any information or advice so of course I turned straight to goodle and now I'm out of my mind with worry :-(. Any advice or info from you would be much appreciated x

You must stay off google, you can find positive and negatives on there. I lost my waters at 11+4 weeks.
If you can, rest until the appointment and stay calm
Sending lots of love x

Hi Hope148 Just wondering how your preganancy is going? I am 13 weeks and my u/s showed I had "abnormally low amniotic fluid". The report did not even have levels/numbers in it - it just stated "abnormal". The radiographer looked very worried while doing the u/s and the babies legs were very squished :( (in fact we couldn't even see its legs for about 45 minutes into the u/s). My General Doctor did not know what to make of the report and said she would look into it and get back to me next week. Meanwhile I have been Dr. Googling which has made me very scared as there are not many success stories of women who have very low amniotic fluid in the first/second trimester and who go on to have healthy babies. I have been trying to drink up to 4 litres or fluids a day and bed rest - however my Dr said that this would not change my amniotic levels? I am confused.....can anyone out there please help me?
Thanks in advance,
Susie

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back