Low AMH

Alexis2017

Reaction score
Anyone had successful IVF with low AMH. Mines is only 3.7 so worrying how that will effect our chances of IVF working

YES! My AMH was 2 at age30. I was devestated and thought we were doomed for failure.
Had 2 rounds of IVF, first got 11 eggs, got a bfp but sadly lost at 12 weeks due to a rare twin disorder. Second round. 13 eggs. BFP and my IVF miracle is sleeping beside me now. We have a frosty too. It can happen with low AMH.
I was on a very high dose of the stim drugs, like the highest possible but it worked.
On my second round my AMH had increased to 4, I had been taking high dose vit d and high dose coq10 too. I wish you the best of luck and happy to chat about anything AMH or IVF related. I know it can all be daunting xx

Last edited:
YES! My AMH was 2 at age30. I was devestated and thought we were doomed for failure.
Had 2 rounds of IVF, first got 11 eggs, got a bfp but sadly lost at 12 weeks due to a rare twin disorder. Second round. 13 eggs. BFP and my IVF miracle is sleeping beside me now. We have a frosty too. It can happen with low AMH.
I was on a very high dose of the stim drugs, like the highest possible but it worked.
On my second round my AMH had increased to 4, I had been taking high dose vit d and high dose coq10 too. I wish you the best of luck and happy to chat about anything AMH or IVF related. I know it can all be daunting xx

All my tests have been really good results until now. I had been at my gps and they told me the result (long story!l ) I have my ACS appt 3rd Dec so I know they will go over it all with me but I was expecting better results. I guess I will be on more drugs now for IVF. Would low AMH cos infertility? I feel really worried

It depends, some like to go gentle still with drugs but I'd go max and increase chances as much as possible. It is more expensive though.
It can make it more difficult to get pregnant. There are less eggs in the pool each month for there to be a good contender if you know what I mean. For someone with a high reserve and a reasonable age in terms of fertility, they might have let's say 12 follicles or more developing leading up to ovulation, probability says there will be a good selection for a fertilisible egg. Someone with low AMH may only have 4 developing follicles for example, so there will be some months when the ovulation egg isn't mature enough or isn't ready for fertilisation etc so in that sense, it's harder to get pregnant but not impossible.
It doesn't mean quality is bad, AMH can't tell you that x

It depends, some like to go gentle still with drugs but I'd go max and increase chances as much as possible. It is more expensive though.
It can make it more difficult to get pregnant. There are less eggs in the pool each month for there to be a good contender if you know what I mean. For someone with a high reserve and a reasonable age in terms of fertility, they might have let's say 12 follicles or more developing leading up to ovulation, probability says there will be a good selection for a fertilisible egg. Someone with low AMH may only have 4 developing follicles for example, so there will be some months when the ovulation egg isn't mature enough or isn't ready for fertilisation etc so in that sense, it's harder to get pregnant but not impossible.
It doesn't mean quality is bad, AMH can't tell you that x

So it does effect fertility then? So guess its my fault then as hubbys test is higher than average. I worry my undiagnosed auto immune disease for many years has played a part.

It's not your fault! You can't control it or cause it.
I would recommend taking high dose vitamin d, coq10 and a protein rich diet.
Please try not to blame yourself, knowledge is power in these circumstances, you can move forward in the right direction now that you know. I do know the feeling of sheer worry with low AMH and its daunting at first but there is hope. Lots of ladies on here with low AMH have had success, some IVF and some naturally xx

Last edited:
Ah Linsey our low AMH ray of hope & shine!

I posted a similar post some months ago and Linsey was kind enough to rely to me as well. Another little ray of hope for you : aged 37 AMH of 2.2 FSH of 9 and 1 previous miscarriage.

I am home from egg collection - short agonistic protocol, stimmed for 12 days. Went in with a miraculous 7 decent sized follicles & awoke to news of 10 yes TEN eggs collected. More than double anyone’s predictions.

They are all just numbers - no one knows how you will respond to IVF until you start

Someone blow some baby dust my way!! Xx

Ah Linsey our low AMH ray of hope & shine!

I posted a similar post some months ago and Linsey was kind enough to rely to me as well. Another little ray of hope for you : aged 37 AMH of 2.2 FSH of 9 and 1 previous miscarriage.

I am home from egg collection - short agonistic protocol, stimmed for 12 days. Went in with a miraculous 7 decent sized follicles & awoke to news of 10 yes TEN eggs collected. More than double anyone’s predictions.

They are all just numbers - no one knows how you will respond to IVF until you start

Someone blow some baby dust my way!! Xx

That's so positive. I have everything crossed for you xx

I got 7 fertilised out of 10!!! Miracles do happen... next update on Saturday morning to see how they are getting on 😊❤️

I got 7 fertilised out of 10!!! Miracles do happen... next update on Saturday morning to see how they are getting on 😊❤️

Amazing!! Xx

I would recommend considering to have acupuncture xx

Thank you everyone. It's sowly sinking in. I've ordered lots of supplements coq10, royal jelly and Dhea which are ment to help egg health. I have switched to decaf and I already eat a healthy gluten free diet. I also take vit d , c and b along with zinc and folic acid.

I guess I've just got to have hope that our luck will change and bring us our baby

The NHS never tested my AMH until after 1 failed round (pretty poor results), it’s damn annoying they don’t test AMH sooner. I hope that the extra vitamins/supplements will help x

The NHS never tested my AMH until after 1 failed round (pretty poor results), it’s damn annoying they don’t test AMH sooner. I hope that the extra vitamins/supplements will help x

Was your AMH low? I keep reading it doesn't cause infertility but means there are less good eggs in the pool so too speak so surely that does cause infertility? If everything else is normal on the tests?

I have seen women in my ivf group on fb have lower any than me and have a baby thrn I have seen some not collect any eggs so I guess you just have to try and hope for the best. We need 3 eggs to be able to try for a 2nd round on nhs if the 1st is ubsuccesful. We just need 1 good egg so it's all very possible. I just have to hope for Once luck will be on my side. We deserve some good news. I am worried how I will come if we collect less than 3 eggs and a failed round ...it will be the end of the road for us trying as we can't afford funded ivf. The low AMH result is killing me. I feel so devastated I'm not going to lie.

Thanks everyone.

I've decided to leave the forum. I have been thinking of doing it for a long time. I had joined to have some support while ttc but never expected to still be here 2 years on. It's time to move on now.

I find it hard as I often compare my life to others on here and I have saw so many women get their bfp and each time I am happy for them but it also reminds me how much I have failed.

I really have been so grateful for all the support I have had the past 2 years and wish you all a great and happy life with your babies or future babies.

Al x

Good luck! I can completely understand this and for the last few years have dipped in and out of the forum and then in recent times have just stuck to certain threads.

Miracles can happen (I am living proof) and I really hope you get your BFP soon.

Wishing you lots of luck

Alexis, I hope you are okay. I had to respond to you as I know exactly what you mean. You have to do what will make you feel better I know and unfortunately the not so great thing I find about a forum or support group is dealing with other people’s success and failures - I mean that in the nicest possible way.

Someone asked me the other day if I had considered a support group and the above was my exact response. I can’t deal with it. I’ve found very quickly that I need a few people in my life that are genuinely going to be there 100%, I hope that you have that. However I also feel nobody is ever going to understand like someone who is or has been in the exact same position. Would it help to have a thread over here that was just for us waiting to start IVF? I know I feel like I havnt quite found a place here although everyone is lovely.

Really hope your okay. Sending hugs Xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back