LOVING using cloth nappies!

So_hopeful81

Reaction score
Just wanted to say - I've started to use cloth nappies (gnappies) on Ella this week. I love them! They are so not a fiddly as I thought they would be. They are great!

I you've ever thought about doing it - do whatever reason, but have been a bit apprehensive, I would say definitely give it a try! I love them! ImageUploadedByTapatalk1371837315.579267.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1371837326.377084.jpg

Can't see tickers because I'm on my phone!

I have used them since we came home from hospital. Nothing cuter than a chunky cloth bum. Dispossbles stink. I had to use some on a 14 hr plane ride last week and they stink all plasticy and chemically. Ick.

Awwww. Those are super cute! Ella looks great in them - they look quite slim! We use cloth and I love it too - and Talulahgosh, you're right, disposables have an odd smell. I use eco disposables at night because T is a champion wetter and I can't contain her wees, but otherwise it's cloth all the time. I would also recommend it to anyone who's thinking of it, but I can see why a lot of people don't want to xxx

I love the look of g nappies but not tried them, we use Tots Bots during the day and a disposable at night - my OH really didn't like changing to cloth and especially the night nappies so we compromised. He now uses them during the day as long as I get them ready! X

Oh my those are so cute!!! We have been using bambino miosolo's since E was a week old (didn't want them meconium'd!) and love them! It's great to see more people using cloth as they're so easy to use and look so cute!! :)

Yes g's are so so cute and I love how versatile they are - disposable liners sometimes... But mainly cloth liners.

I have been using disposable until now, and have To be honest, I haven't yet done nighttime cloth. - Ella is a champion wetter plus a pooploder at night and I worried about that. I really have to take that risk.

I love being a cloth mummy now! :)

Can't see tickers because I'm on my phone!

Im currently considering it but so many options! X

Tapatalking :-D Can't see tickers...

I use them :) we vary between bamboozles for night and totsbots for days. I have one gnappy and its great so think ill add to my stash soon :)

aww its going to grandmas, i use g's too, theyre awesome arent they haha. i stuff mine with bamboo and bamboo charcoal inserts as Alyssa can wet thru a disposable in 2 hours sometimes

I use G's too during the day and I love them!! I would recommend them
To anyone. Still on disposables at night because we have failed to contain Cs wetting but I am hoping to make the switch soon xx

I use little lambs bamboo, day and night. At night i just double up on boosters.

I tried Ebay cheapies and Gnappies with Jack. The Gnappies are a fab nappy but Jack is such a heavy wetter that he was leaking every 90mins!! I'd have loved to of carried on using reusables but with 2 LO's now i'd be glued to the changing mat! x

I'd love to do cloth nappies but wasn't brave enough ... Mostly out of pure ignorance I have to say.

What do you need to start up?

Tapatalking!

They look fab ! Sorry to sound dumb but how do u use them like washing them ?

I'd be quite keen to know too. I have just presumed to use disposables as its the common option but would like to try re usable if possible. As 1 reason like some I believe is cost you save.

Alyssa is a heavy wetter but i use a bamboo booster and a charcoal bamboo insert and it lasts her 4 hours max which is really good as she can outwet a sposie in 2 hrs sometimes lol. i use sposies at night for the same reason.
with the gnappies you can wash the outer wrap part with normal clothes, same with the inner pouch bit or you can wash them seperate but never over 40 degrees, higher temps can melt them a bit or make them not as watertight, the outer wrap can fade if washed too high a temp. tho soaking in cold water or white vinegar when new can help retain colour. the inserts i was as a load on a 40 or 60 degree wash with my usual washing powder then give them an extra rinse cycle and line dry if possible. i dont find that theyre too much extra washing, it saves me letting the laundry pile up as i tend to be lazy aboutthat lol. the nappies needing washing makes me actually do more washing as i should.

the gnappies can also be used with disposable inserts that are just like sposies but are biodegradable but i dont see the point in them really. i got a trial pack from the gnappies website to try with the sposie inserts and got charcoal bamboo and plain bamboo inserts off amazon then cut up a piece of fleece as liners.
http://www.gnappies.com/shop/
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Three-Littl...qid=1372017289&sr=1-5&keywords=bamboo+inserts
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Dudeybaba-t...qid=1372017289&sr=1-2&keywords=bamboo+inserts

oh and i know they seem expensive but they hold their retail value so you can sell them on if they dont work for you or after your lo has pottytrained for at least £10 each

Last edited:
I think I have saved 1600 (conservative estimate) from landfill now!

About to get a few reuseable training pants for out eldest for when we start potty training, then will start using our nappies all over again for our youngest.

We have an olympic widdler so boost using bamboo or hemp! We use tots bots and my nappies after using them solidly (an nursery use them too) are spotless and pristine.

They would have been more econmical but I had to buy the cute prints...

The cost saving is huge, especially for me as I live in Asia and decent disposables are about triple the price they are in the uk. Plus, it really bugs me to pay for something that will just go in the bin. And the environmental,aspect too, it is scary to think what our (generic) laziness is doing and what sort of world we are leaving for our great grand children.

I use little lamb nappies which have the inner absorbant part and then you cover with the waterproof wrap. I prefer these two part nappies to the all in one style. Little lamb do really fab kits that have everything you need to start up. I make my inner nappies ready every evening for the next day, line them with boostes etc and fold them up ready to go. You don't need a clean wrap for every change, i change that evey two or three nappy changes. When I change him I put the dirty nappy in the bucket and wash them when there are a few. Sometimes in with our usual laundry and sometimes a load on their own. Just depends.

http://www.littlelambnappies.com/nappy-kits/bamboo-nappy-kit-20

You can buy some really cute wraps and covers, I often just put some baby legs on and a t shirt and let my baby show off his cover. He is wearing a chicken licken one right now
http://www.naturalbabyshower.co.uk/...tore=default&gclid=CLPWmrSn_LcCFWXKtAodYigARA

Cuter than a cream pampers plastic bum!

I have been using disposable until now, and have To be honest, I haven't yet done nighttime cloth. - Ella is a champion wetter plus a pooploder at night and I worried about that. I really have to take that risk.

It may not be as bad as you imagine! We used cloth nappies for our LO from when she was 3 months old until 8 months. When I first put her in cloth at night I thought it'd all go horribly wrong, but it's incredible how much those things can hold!

Unfortunately, we couldn't use cloth nappies right from birth (she was teeny and even the smallest nappies were like bath towels on her!) and had to stop around 8 months when she developed severe eczema (not as a result of cloth nappies but having to change her so frequently made it difficult to sustain, also disposables do quite quickly remove moisture away from the skin). Hoping with our second to be able to use cloth though. It was working really well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back