lovely pictures...EVERYWHERE

natashateale

Reaction score
My little girl is 3 and since we have moved into our new house she draws every where. Just a few place have been, the bathroom, the tv, the lounge, windows, windows cills, radiators, bed sheets, on her teddies. I dont know what to do, t have told her off, taken oens, crayons, pencils off her but she finds them every where. Any one had to deal with this and how did u get it stop ? Please and advice x

My friends little girl did this, she ended up buying a flip chart and sticking a piece of paper with blue tac to the wall. She told her daughter she could only draw on the piece of paper because her pictures were so special she wanted to send them to friends and family.

It worked for her anyway :)

I was gonna suggest a flipchart too. How about putting stickers where she is allowed to draw or something? Sorry I know very little about child psychology :oooo: x

The flip chart idea it really good thanks ladies. Its just this one habbit we cant break her out of its really fustrating. I will give it ago x

You can also buy chalk board paint. Maybe pick an area, paint it with this and she can draw pictures here, then wipe it off when done. Obviously the paint is a little bit more permanent than the flip chart idea, but I guess could look ok in the right place.

With my 3 year old I keep all the drawing stuff. If she wants them - she must ask. Everyday we have 3/4 of arts and crafts when I finish work and she knows she is only to do them on the dining room table (I put a cloth over it) . Lils also asks to do arts and crafts and so we get the stuff out and she sits at the table! She also knows that playdough is a dining room table pursuit! xx

Me and my lil girl always do creative stuff together. All the stuff is kept in a cupbourd. And when we do psinting or playdough we do it on the table or on a mat. Its just drawing with pens, i think she knows shes doing wrong. X

My daughter does this but luckily only with chalk and I can clean it off easy enough... but now she's into crayons and coloured pencils she is being told no, just to chalk on her chalk board, books or her chalkboard stickers (BM Stores really cheap!) ... I would just give her the pencil, pens, crayons while you are there to supervise, none in her room etc till she stops doing it. x

You can make her special place for drawing with a lot of sheets, pencils and stuff like this. If this doesn't help next time she draw somewhere she doesn't have give her some psychologist and show her how hard it is to clean and tell her that she have to help you with this :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back