Lovely Hubby

Sarah W Baby Belly

Reaction score
The DH said last night that he was trying to surprise me with some pampering treats specially designed for pregnant women and that he asked some people on another website if they recommended anything and nobody replied! Can you believe it! :shock: :cry:

I was so sad for him. I told him that he should have come on here annonymously. I would never have known it was him and there is no way the lovely people on here would have ignored him.

He is so sweet!

Oh bless him, he should have come on here!!

Sometimes these hubby's need a bit of a pat on the back just for being great, as we are too good at moaning about them.

Mine is wonderful - I am very lucky and he treats me like a princess all the time when I am pregnant (and when I'm not come to think of it), it turns me into a lazy cow but at least I get plenty of rest and 'me' time.

It was our 7th wedding anniversary last week and we have been together for 13 years with many many more to come I know. He was my best friend at school and is still my best friend now!!

That is so cute, am very emotional today so that nearly set me off the thought of no-one replying. Mean people, he definately should have come on here.

I agree with you Kerry sometimes we need to big up our boys. My OH is fab, I am all over the place at the moment but he is always calm and ready with the hugs, and said to me last night that he was so happy I wanted him to be the first to hold our baby (well I thought I have had all the firsts so far so its only fair I guess). True he does my head in at times but I love him to bits and can't wait to see him hold his baby.

awww bless him!!

thats a lovely idea to do for you, yeah he should of come on here, i feel bad for him now, bless his heart, cant belive no one answerd!

My friend brought me a mum to be smelly kit, it had bath oils, shower gel and body lotion in it, im not sure where she got it from, i can ask her if you want? its only a small thing tho.

Kerry -- wow 13 years, congrats to you, i cant wait for me and Jase to get to that stage, and your right, we should pat them on the back, they have to put up with alot from us hormonal pregnant women lol

Beanie - thats going to be such a lovely moment, seeing him hold his baby and get teary :D

me and Jase were talking about the wedding last night, and the fact that we are going away tonight, what we was going to do etc, then all of a sudden he went very quite, i asked him what was wrong, and he thanked me?!
I asked what for, he said, for coming in to his life and saving him.
hes such a soppy git sometimes lol :D

Awwwwww, I'm in such a blubby mood now. :lol:

I had better not think about this too much otherwise I might start crying and not stop :D

He said he wanted to take me to get like a pedicure or something, but was worried about the creams they use so wasn't sure where to go.

He has been searching on the internet for inspiration on this for months! :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

He has offered to cut my toe-nails for me (brave boy) and I might just take him up on it if he is that insisting.

Layla, that is such a beautiful thing for Jase to say, you both looked so happy in your wedding pics.

Sarah, I treated myself to a pedicure and there seemd to be no probs with what they used. Had little diamond flowers on my toes, which I am going to do again for the birth, and when I can see my feet. Your man sounds like such a honey too.

Hey,

maybe we should start a thread that we can sticky somewhere with a list of things that pregnant women would love to be treated to in case other friends and partners come looking for such a list?

I keep treating myself to things that make myself feel good and I keep trying to remember what they are for when my friends and family get pregnant in the future. There are some things I'd love but can't afford too- like a go in a floatation tank! I reckon that would be amazing not to have any pressure on any bit of your aching body and the relaxation would be good for you- not to mention that it would be a bit like being in the womb yourself so kind of sympathetic bonding.

Other good things would be:-
A massage for pregnant women
Nice stuff for the bath
Chocolate
Glam looking slippers (I bought myself some from La Sensa and they cheered me up no end but maybe that's just me!)
Manicure/Pedicure
One of those wraps you can heat in the microwave- you can get teddy bear ones now too
Bio Oil (ok not terribly special but for a friend it would be a nice gift in with some other things)
Being taken out for an expensive meal

Hmm, bit stuck now but I'm sure there's loads more....

+++

If you live anywhere near a Virgin Active Gym (thats where I work) there is a spa type beauty/massage place inside them and they do a mum-to-be day with a special massage etc.

awwwwwwwww bless him sarah!!
I love my man to bits, i opened my email the other day and he had sent me a real sloppy message, saying he was so proud to be marring me me. made me blub!!! think its a lovely idea for him to be the first to hold baby boo.Alos late congrats Layla xxxxxxxxx

sorry to pop in, ...am not quite 3rd trimester yet, but not far! :lol:

Just wanted to say, during half-term, my husband offered me a massage! it was a complete surprise, he actually looked for a place online, called and checked everything related to the pregnancy, so that he could answer all my worries about it!!!! :D :D
The thing you have to be careful about is what they use on your body (no essential oils), and you have to be in the 2nd trimester!

It was great, and the lady who massaged me did some reflexology on me for my sciatic, and believe it or not...since then, I haven't suffered from it!!!! I would recommend it! blissful!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

we are very lucky, aren't we! I don't know what I would do without my husband! well, would not be pregnant, for one thing!!!!!!
:p
mel xx

hi

I quite agree mine is a diamond at times too.

He isnt quite as excited as me, but i know that once they pull the baby out he is like a dog with two tails.

every evening he cooks a lovely meal and if i need anything he will get it or do it for me. even offered to shave my legs for me!!

There are good men out there as well as bad ones. heres hoping that everyone finds a good one.

x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back