Love Towards Our Unborns...

kazlin

Reaction score
I really feel love towards Daniel and he's not even here yet. I cannot wait to meet him.

To begin with everything seemed so surreal, now though, feeling him move and kick, I know that he is real and already I feel really close to him :D

Thats so lovely, I feel the same about Bean, we are already projecting a personality on her, and I am always imagining how things are going to be when she is here. I just cant wait!
Even my OH is managing to think of her as a person, he has started saying 'you two' and 'my girls' when he refers to me and Bean!
We havent got as far as naming her properly though, I definately think finding out the sex has helped us bond with our bump.

clarey said:
Even my OH is managing to think of her as a person, he has started saying 'you two' and 'my girls' when he refers to me and Bean!

That's exactly what my OH says 'you two' or 'you and Dan' :)

I find myself stroking my stomach with the biggest stupidest grin on my face getting all emotional and taking to my bump tell my baby how much i love he/she. And cant wait to meet him/ her. My partner is as excited as me James works away and at the end og every phone concversation he says "i love you both or love baby too". He always asks how the little one is doing. And when he is hear he strokes my tummy like the proud dad to be he is. This baby is very much wonted and loved this is my first child i sadly lost my first to miscarrige so its all the more special.

We are the most privaliaged people on the earth and blessed to have such a wonderfull mircale growing inside us.
Hears to a happy healthy pregnancy and and a quick easy birth and meeting out cute little loves
Sarah

I said to Matt only yesterday that it is amazing how much you can love someone you haven't even met properly yet... :D

When I found out Imogen was a girl at the 4d scan and seeing her move on the screen and move her mouth and yawning, I felt nothing but love for her and knowing her sex helped me and even now we have a very strong bond and its lovely cos me and DS sisnt have that at first.

I was laid in bed the other day thinking how much Baby H is loved already, I'm desperate to meet him too :cheer:

DebbieM said:
I said to Matt only yesterday that it is amazing how much you can love someone you haven't even met properly yet... :D

Oh my god thats crazy, I said exactly the same thing to OH last night!! :rotfl:

pfft! your all crazy.. mine can stay there as long as it wants.. lol..

im finding it hard to get excited about it for some reason.. we didnt find out the sex.. as i want my husband to tell me.. and not some stranger.. i thought i would start getting excited after the 20 week scan, when we found out that the baby was good and no abnormailtys and that i could bond with it etc.. but it hasnt really become that more real.. think im a little apprehensive of being a mother of 2 and fears of me not coping and it not working right and sharing the love etc,etc,etc

might actually talk to mw about it when i see her next..

I feel a bit guilty....

Don't get me wrong, this little girl is uber wanted and I care for myself better than ever to care for her. I daydream about the future and want things to be so good for her, this house is so loving and I want that to wrap around her from the moment she pops into the world. I think carefully to include extended family and strengthen friendship bonds so that she never 'only' has us, I really try and want so much for her.

But she still feels like my pregnancy, I don't know her yet, I don't know who she'll be. I feel her wriggle inside and I smile but I don't feel like I know why she has wriggled just then. I want to get to know her but it hasn't happened yet - at the moment I love the thought of her not her. I protect her and care for her and want her but I don't know her.

I hope the feeling you all describe come when she arrives.

I have mixed feelings with this one..I think maybe it's because there's been ups and downs, and unfortunately I feel the downs outnumber the ups. I was over the moon when I found out about the pregnancy, as we we were on holiday and my OH and I were celebrating our anniversary. But getting back home reality hit and we realised we had to tell parents, and like I expected, my Mum hit the roof (cause I'm only 20) and for a few days after that the pregnancy felt embarrassing cause she felt I had 'Shamed the Family' by having a baby out of wedlock. OHs parents were fine though. Dealing with peoples comments at work was hard, while OH was being congratulated by his colleagues I was given concerned looks and people assumed I wasn't going to have it. It was good between then and the 20 week scan, where we were told I had a few problems, and from then I was scared to do anymore bonding with the baby because I was sure everything was going to go wrong. I'm finding pregnancy extremely difficult, even baby's movements I can't enjoy because they're uncomfortable, I'm in pain alot of the time and I've found out that OHs gran refuses to acknowledge the pregnancy and his brother won't even acknowledge me if we're in the same room, for unknown reasons even though we used to be friends. But I've decided I can't let all that get me down. We're having our 4D scan a week tomorrow and hopefully that will make up for all the bonding I've missed out on in the last few weeks..my Mum and I are now closer than ever, and I guess the rest will sort itself out once baby arrives. I know without a doubt I am going to love her more than anything else in the world :cheer:

i love my baby to bits, and im sure i'll just feel closer to it after we find out the sex...but having an older daughter makes me worry too....will i love this one as much as i love her?? I know i will (my mum said she had the same worries when she was expecting me and my brothers) But at the moment i feel guilty cos although i really love my baby, i feel like i love my daughter a little bit more because shes here, and i know her, and ive not met the baby yet....and then i feel like a bad mum :cry:

I know what you mean Sazzy, no need to feel guilty about it :hug: :hug: I think it's impossible to love an unborn baby as much as your child that you've known for years. It will equal out once it's born.

I think I will bond more with mine more once I know the sex and can start thinking seriously about names and buy the appropriate coloured clothes for it.
Getting it's pram yesterday was a big step for me, it made it all feel more real cos I was imagining the baby lying in it.
I don't like it being an it, it makes it hard for me to visualise having another baby and get my head around it.
I'm definately feeling more for it now I've started to feel it moving around and I do love it obviously and would be devestated if anything happened to it, but it's not the same as the love I feel for James at the moment.
I know once it's born I'll love them both the same and it's not something I'm worried about :D

And poppy..I hope your OH's familiy come around in the end. If they don't it will be them who are missing out.
It's lovely that you feel close to your mum and she's there to support you :hug: :hug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back