Loud rock concert - advice neded!

bumpmakes3

Reaction score
Hi ladies. I'm going to see Linkin Park (pretty heavy rock) at the MEN on Sunday which I'm looking forward to and I've not really been worried about it too much because bubs seems to like music and I love it. However, I've just noticed my ticker saying how sensitive bubs ears are at the moment and to keep the noise down..... :shock: Is it going to damage their ears? Am I going to have to cancel?

I do feel like I'm being a bit overly dramatic about this but I'd appreciate some advice :?

Well baby is hearing now in there, so really loud noise might upset him/her. Sure Baby might enjoy music, but its never heard it at the level of a concert before.

I went to a concert at 3 months, stood near the back and was fine. But baby could not hear then. I've been with another friend who was about 7 months but we were seated and well back from the stage, but her baby kicked and squirmed the whole way though and she was really uncomfortable because of it. I don't think it was because it was enjoying the concert either :roll: 3 hours of sustained loud noise and vibrations probably really peed it off.

Don't forget the decibel level, especially with loud bands (and I think Linkin Park falls into that group) can cause big vibrations and so on also. And its LOUD. It might not be pleasant for LO in there for such a loud noise for a sustained period of time.

You can try it, stay nearer the back and near an exit so you can scoot out if it gets too much. I'd certainly not want to go near the front and the speakers. Remember how bad your ears hurt after standing near those at a concert, so imagine what effect it will have on baby in there.

If it were me, I'd consider passing on it. Not only because of the noise, but because it might mean hours on my feet and if standing, I'd not want to be arsed. It was bad enough at 3 months stood for ages. I was knackered after it. If you are seated its better, but I myself would be wary still but probably give it a try.

If baby kicks a lot more than normal and does not settle after a while, I'd be inclined to think that it might be too much and to go outside. Just because they kick doesn't mean they are happy is how I look at it. They are responding yes, but it doesn't always mean that they are enjoying themselves. My LO hates it when I turn over in bed and always kicks me hard and I think s/he is protesting at being disturbed. I can't see how s/he would be enjoying being flipped over like a pancake when they were resting :roll:

I went to see McFly in December when I was 21 weeks and he didn't move at all, we were sat right next to the speakers.

I have also got Rhianna to see in March and also The Feeling when I will be 33 & 34 weeks, I will be sat as I don't think that I could stand for all of that time, but I can't wait to go and see them, it never crossed my mind that it would harm the baby, I know someone who went to see Robbie Williams at 35 weeks and she was pregnant with twins.

I think it would be OK to go but if you feel it's too much when you are there then go out for a bit, there isn't anything to say we shouldn't go.

I hope you enjoy it x

Thanks girls :D I went to see Take That just before Christmas (seated) and everything seemed fine. Didn't feel sick or anything. This time I'm seated again on the top tier so should be even further away from the speakers. Think I'll just play it by ear and see how it goes. If I get too much kicking and movement then I can always duck out. Fingers crossed :wink:

www.whattoexpect.com/pregnancy/ask-heid ... oises.aspx

If you still want to play it extra safe during your pregnancy, take a backseat. You'll enjoy the concert just as much from the middle of the amphitheater — or better yet, head back to the lawn seats — and you'll be certain the baby's ears are safe. As for music in your car, if you drive often and like your radio loud enough to shake other cars, you might want to turn it down a bit. Or wear headphones.

According to this you will be fine as long as you're not in the front rows :)

Linkin Park - I am sooooooo jealous :D

If you do decide not to go, I'll help you out with the tickets :wink:

Hi, When I was 7 months pregnant with Jack I went to 'T in the park' festival, lots of different, loud, music, lots of people, and slept in the car and didn't have any problems (apart from needing the loo constantly which at festivals is not a pleasent experience)

I also went to see Franz Ferdinand and the Editors in Cardiff (miles away from home) when I was due in 7 days and all was fine! I was seated though as I don't think I could have stood!!! :shock:

I had no problems and now Jack loves anything to do with music!

You will be fine - go have fun!!! :D

I went to see Take That and McFly in December and I was paranoid over the music! I was only 6 weeks pregnant at the time! :rotfl:
I've known people who have went to concerts a week before their due date. As long as you can have a good old seat, some water (and maybe some munchies! :dance: ) you will be fine!

ive had a season ticket at aston villa for years and have been going weekly throughout my pregnancy to the football, although its not a rock concert there are up to 40,000 people shouting and singing, bumps been to the footy from day one so im hoping he/she will be used to it although i think he/she might jump a bit when we next score as the hearing is more developed now :D

BeckyJ said:
ive had a season ticket at aston villa for years and have been going weekly throughout my pregnancy to the football, although its not a rock concert there are up to 40,000 people shouting and singing, bumps been to the footy from day one so im hoping he/she will be used to it although i think he/she might jump a bit when we next score as the hearing is more developed now :D

Im the same, but with Liverpool games.
Mine doesnt move though! :pray:

he/she will soon hun and then it'll be non stop!!!

i was 21weeks when i first felt mine so dont worry xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back