loud gigs/concerts

I've got tickets to see Jimmy Eat World this September and I'm planning to go! For my first child I saw numerous bands in standing and seating venues and I found as long as I stayed well hydrated and not too near the PA systems that all was fine!

Have fun!

oh wow jimmy eat world are fantastic live! i got to see them a couple of years back in manchester. i didnt have massive expectations but they blew me away. that'll be a great one. think they have a new album dont they as well?x

I've not heard their new album tbh! I'm a bigger fan of their older stuff! Haven't seen them since they supported GreenDay at Milton Keynes but excited!

Id be cautious as I passed out at a standing gig at about 24wks xx I was fine but hubby nearly died of panic I think lol xx

Plenty of water an standing gigs maybe take a folding chair so you can sit x x

Quinns proud mammy xx Tapatalking xx

I'm in a bit of a similar position hun, my OH is in a post hardcore band and so lots of loud gigs come with the territory! I'm just planning on taking each one as they come, wearing earplugs and sitting down as much as possible. You can always leave uf you start to feel abit uncomfortable! I'm sure you'll be fine so long as you feel ok on the day! xx

If you feel fine then go!
I went to stone roses at Heaton park at 16 weeks and was fine but was due to see The Killers at 35 weeks (seated) but I was just to big to go.
But yeah, if you feel up to it then why miss out!

I would inform the ushers that its your due date if you go to the I've on that day just incase baba wants to come out and listen lol

bloodstock was amazing, hell were a highlight of the weekend even tho they werent the headliners. i just chilled on a blanket and it was awesome as ppl had their lil babies there and everything and they had lil ear defenders, was a really nice atmosphere. shame my mate ruined it by being a tit about me being pregnant, he has issues with women and it seemed to suddenly hit him that i was infact a girl, needless to say we havent spoken much since, and that his issue but the music was cool, the ppl lovely and baby was a'ok when born. she loves kerrang tv now too so its deffo worked on her

I was in the seating area to see the levellers on Friday and out at a club last night although I knew the promoters and had vip access to chill out in the club... had a great time xx

Sent from my GT-I9305 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

I'd be a bore and advise against I'm afraid! By 17 weeks bubba can hear n way before then their little ears n nerves are developing.

While deafness caused from loud music/noise usually happens with exposure over time, I'd prefer to avoid that risk.

I'm a little OCD on the subject as DD is deaf. Cause unknown. Although all of our genetic factors have come back negative there's still a chance I could have another child just like anybody else could. With this in mind- had I been to gigs concerts etc n baby turned out to be deaf, I'd always wonder.

Don't mean to put a downer on things just like to share my experience n hope to help you make an informed decision

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back