loud gigs/concerts

ceriannbrown

Reaction score
will that be a problem?

i am very much into my rock/metal music. in november i am seeing two of my fave bands and have waited yeaaaars for them to tour again.

i will be quite heavily pregnant then. it's in seating area (i think) and obviously there is no booze involved. do you reckon this is ok? seems a bit inappropriate.

also ON MY DUE DATE in february i am seeing my 2nd fave band. can you tell this pregnancy was unplanned?

im seeing me crying and selling tickets!

I think as long as you're in the seating area and not the mosh pit getting pushed around i reckon you'll be fine! :) Introduce baby to your music taste early ;)

Is the one on your due date close to home just in case?x

Last edited:
Yeah I think it'll be fine, especially if its seated! I've got tickets to see blue in October (cos I'm so cool lol) but its all standing and will be really crowded and hot so I'm thinking it may not be ideal.. Not sure about the one on your due date, although you may have had the baby by then :) x

I think as long as you're in the seating area and not the mosh pit getting pushed around i reckon you'll be fine! :) Introduce baby to your music taste early ;)

Is the one on your due date close to home just in case?x

ahaha imagine?! yeah i'll steer well clear of the mosh pit. im a few years too old for that anyway now. i tend to watch amusedly and secretly be a bit jealous im not that ridiculous anymore!

but yeah. the on on my due date (14th feb) is in manchester.. but it's a t a venue we can park at so the bf can madly drive me home if necessary. will see how i feel for that one though, it's a bit risky! not had a dating scan yet though : Dx

Yeah I think it'll be fine, especially if its seated! I've got tickets to see blue in October (cos I'm so cool lol) but its all standing and will be really crowded and hot so I'm thinking it may not be ideal.. Not sure about the one on your due date, although you may have had the baby by then :) x

ahhaa aw you cant beat a bit of blue. i didnt realise they were still going? they had a few classics. yeah you'll have to have lots of water and maybe take a little fan with you? it does get hot doesnt it.

and yeah if ive had the baby before that due date.. i think i mayyyy just have to cancel going to the gig.. depends how i feel. baby has to come first really doesnt it lol. i should stop behaving like im still in my teens :p x

I went to the baseball fireworks night, Monster Jam monster trucks and Arenacross dirt bikes racing all whilst heavily pregnant and my son is fine! He just span a bit in my tummy!

I went see robbie Williams in June but I was only 10 weeks but don't think it affected my pregnancy in anyway. An old friend went see jls when she was heavily pregnant and her daughter is fine x

im going to see paramore in september.. luckily my friend got seating when she booked.. i dont see a problem with it at all.

i went to bloodstock at 8 weeks with my last pregnancy which was fun apart from feeling sick a lot lol, i also went to many of the battle of the bands gigs leading up to a local metal band gettign a slot at bloodstock that year. never had any to go to when heavily pregnant but if it was seated and i felt able id deffo go, maybe not the due date one tho as i was horribly uncomfy and cranky by then

#
oh and in regards to introducing baby to music theres the series of cd's called rock a bye baby, theres a metallica and a greenday one lol and i used to rock my DD to sleep to apocalyptica and marylin manson as well as metallica and seether. she loves them now too

Last edited:
I took my mother to see Il Divo at 22 weeks Not heavy metal I know, but they hit a few high notes. Baby moved around at the loud notes but was fine the journey was worse as 3 hours to birmingham. Plus developed a UTI and in triage when I got back.

Just wanted to add that I went to a wedding at 15 weeks and I couldn't handle the noise. Normally I love loud music at parties and stuff but it just gave me a really bad headache and irritated me. So, it looks like pregnancy has made me very sensitive lol. Obviously everyone is different, but just bare in mind that YOU might not like it, regardless of whether baby does or not.

A month before I'm due I'm off to see Maroon 5! It should have been last month but the postponed :( had to forgive them tho and as a bonus Robin Thicke is supporting :) Mucho excited!

I'd say go, maybe take some foam earplugs that will dull out the noise if it starts to give you a headache. It's good to get some fun in.

As for the one in your due date, if they're Kate in coming it might relax you A bit

I've got tickets to see Jimmy Eat World this September and I'm planning to go! For my first child I saw numerous bands in standing and seating venues and I found as long as I stayed well hydrated and not too near the PA systems that all was fine!

Have fun!

I went to a concert at around 18 weeks pregnant. It was quite nice as I was just starting to get a few flutters and the music and bass vibrations made baby move around a little more. I normally get up and dance, but I just sat down and sang along for it. I still really enjoyed it.

i went to bloodstock at 8 weeks with my last pregnancy which was fun apart from feeling sick a lot lol, i also went to many of the battle of the bands gigs leading up to a local metal band gettign a slot at bloodstock that year. never had any to go to when heavily pregnant but if it was seated and i felt able id deffo go, maybe not the due date one tho as i was horribly uncomfy and cranky by then

#
oh and in regards to introducing baby to music theres the series of cd's called rock a bye baby, theres a metallica and a greenday one lol and i used to rock my DD to sleep to apocalyptica and marylin manson as well as metallica and seether. she loves them now too

ooh thanks for that that sounds amazing. i'll have to invest in some of those cds. it must work because i was raised on black sabbath, the cure, all sorts of stuff. it can like what music it likes but if it takes me to gigs when it's older that's awesome! took my parents to see one of my fave bands years ago because they liked them too. felt a bit lame but had the best night!

but yeah the one on my due date.. that one does concern me. sadly it's the one im most excited about too! bet bloodstock was amazing. i was thinking how awful id be at camping if it'd been timed for when download was on! im already not the best camper! x

I took my mother to see Il Divo at 22 weeks Not heavy metal I know, but they hit a few high notes. Baby moved around at the loud notes but was fine the journey was worse as 3 hours to birmingham. Plus developed a UTI and in triage when I got back.

well metal or not metal these concerts are pretty loud hot and flustering arent they? sounds like you just about coped. but yeah i bet the journey was the worst part! xx

I've got tickets to see Jimmy Eat World this September and I'm planning to go! For my first child I saw numerous bands in standing and seating venues and I found as long as I stayed well hydrated and not too near the PA systems that all was fine!

Have fun!

oh wow jimmy eat world are fantastic live! i got to see them a couple of years back in manchester. i didnt have massive expectations but they blew me away. that'll be a great one. think they have a new album dont they as well?x

Just wanted to add that I went to a wedding at 15 weeks and I couldn't handle the noise. Normally I love loud music at parties and stuff but it just gave me a really bad headache and irritated me. So, it looks like pregnancy has made me very sensitive lol. Obviously everyone is different, but just bare in mind that YOU might not like it, regardless of whether baby does or not.

ah true. i guess you never know how you'll feel until on the day right?

i know im early in the pregnancy but sometimes i feel like i have lots of energy, other days i could literally sleep ALL DAY. but yeah i am definitely easily irritable atm it's quite alarming! i hope that calms down lol x

No problem at all, I went to concerts in my last pregnancy and Ella is fine now! When she was a baby the only music she would sleep to was ac/dc! X

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back