Lots of BD a girl???

Eveadel

Reaction score
Is this right or a load of rubbish. Can you really determine the sex of your baby? Just curious more than anything.

Im sorry if this is insensitive to people who have been TTC and just want a BFP.

rubbish i think, millie wasnt planned and to be fair we didnt bd that much. when trying for ryan we bd'd every other day :hug:

They say that the female sperm is slower than the male, so if you only BD about 2 days before ovulation you are more likely to have a girl. The boy sperm are faster and therefore you should BD on the day before and the day of ovulation to conceive a boy. Obviously I have no proof of this, but it does make sense.

Loola said:
They say that the female sperm is slower than the male, so if you only BD about 2 days before ovulation you are more likely to have a girl. The boy sperm are faster and therefore you should BD on the day before and the day of ovulation to conceive a boy. Obviously I have no proof of this, but it does make sense.

They also say the male sperm is weak and die quickly.

dnt kno if its rubbish but its definatly no guarentee that it works.

the taking charge of your fertility book says that the female spermies can survive longer inside you (because they're tougher of course) but they swim slower! However the boy spermies swin faster but they are a bit weak and feeble and don't survive as well as the femal ones.

Theory is that if you want a girl make sure you BD a couple of days before you OV becacue by that time all the boy ones will be gone and the girl ones will be just about getting to where they need to be (always fashionably late!!)

If you want a boy you should do it on the day of OV or the day after so that they are the first ones to reach the egg.

it's just a theory but if it's true I suppose it would work.

If you do it in on all the days running up to OV then i suppose it's just luck on which one gets in first.

Im going to post a messagge in 2nd trimester to ask those who have found out their views aswell. Thanks girls :D

Chrissy1 said:
the taking charge of your fertility book says that the female spermies can survive longer inside you (because they're tougher of course) but they swim slower! However the boy spermies swin faster but they are a bit weak and feeble and don't survive as well as the femal ones.

Theory is that if you want a girl make sure you BD a couple of days before you OV becacue by that time all the boy ones will be gone and the girl ones will be just about getting to where they need to be (always fashionably late!!)

If you want a boy you should do it on the day of OV or the day after so that they are the first ones to reach the egg.

it's just a theory but if it's true I suppose it would work.

If you do it in on all the days running up to OV then i suppose it's just luck on which one gets in first.

So my OV is due 2nd Feb, I should be BD the day before, OV day and the day after for a boy??? :oops:

They reckon you should ov as close to ovulation as possible for a boy.

It would be interesting to know the stats on how true that is because most of us on here BD as close as possible to ovulation as we're actively TTC.

We BD'd the day of ov, and the 2 days prior with our first child and he was a boy.

Looks like we'll be on for having another boy then :)

with paris I had sex once and with this one (a boy) we had loads of sex so I don't think it makes a difference

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back