Lost weight and constantly sick

JoAnn&Aimee

Reaction score
I know this isn't good but I've lost 7lbs in a month. Now before I was pregnant I would be over the moon about this as I was dieting but at 3 months pregnant it can't be good. I am worried as I have been sick everytime I eat food. Within minutes of eating I bring it all back up. I saw a doctor and he told me it was normal to lose weight at this stage and be sick but I beg to differ so I made an appointment with my midwife for next week.

I am worried incase I am not getting enough food and the baby isn't getting any.

Hi,

I am sure you and your little one will be fine. I was sick from 6 weeks right up until 21 weeks. Within just over a month I lost 1st and a half. I had been to the doctors twice and the midwife and they just said the weight will come back on gradually. Apparently the sicker you are the healthier your baby is (thats what I was told). It doesn't stop you worrying though.

I have put the weight back on now that the sickness has gone and feel a lot better. The best advice I could give you is I know its really hard but try and eat something even if its just little bits. Also you need to make sure you can try and keep hydrated, I struggled with both of these but hopefully your sickness will go away a lot quicker than mine did. :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

Hope you feel better soon
Crystal xx

Hey, firstly :hug: :hug:
I had the same thing but it did wear off. The baby will get all the nutrients it needs as it'll take them before you get them!
I think you only need to worry if you don't keepy any liquid or food down in a 24 hour period as you may become dehydrated. It's a horrible feeling being sick all the time and the only advice I can offer is to keep eating, and to choose food which (sorry for the tmi) is least horrible coming back up. Whatever you do don't eat rice, it's the worst thing to bring back.

Hope it gets better soon xx

hi hun i lost weight with both my pregnancies try not to worry, i would go see you doctor if it carries on as he can give u some tablets to stop the sickness :hug:

i lost 2 stone by the end of first tri , i still ahvent gained it back completely yet either

babe will be getting what it needs , its why your loosing weight cos your getting nothing and babe getting it all :hug:

I vomited for nine months solid when I was PG with my son - I would throw up most of what I ate, minutes after I ate it. All day, every day. I felt dreadful all the time, my main pastime was checking out the bottom of toilets! Yuck! Despite all of that, my son was born completely healthy and is now 5 years old! Your sickness won't effect your child, just keep drinking liquid and eat what you can. I think these days Doctors will prescribe anti-nausea meds as well - maybe worth checking out. I just suffered through it all, I didn't put on much pregnancy weight. I'm sure your baby is getting everything it needs regardless of how you're feeling or how much you're vomiting, but try and stay hydrated and talk to your midwife. You'll get through it, I know morning sickness is very unpleasant. I have it this time too, but it's a walk in the park compared to my last pregnancy LOL

I know how u feel - I was exactly the same and I still have bad days. It got that bad I was admitted to hospital with Hypermesis.

Don't worry - the baby will be getting what it needs

If u go to the doctors u will probably get tablets to take - I have some that I take 3 times a day and while they don't completely stop the sickness they do help.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back