Lost the urge to pee after delivery

cosmicgirl

Reaction score
Little man is now 7 months old.
I lost my urge to pee after his delivery, it never returned after my epidural
I saw my GP about it when lo was 12 weeks, he tested my kidney function and said that my kidneys are healthy and not suffering because of it. He said it will probably return and to come back if it doesn't.
I have a reminder set on my phone, reminding me to have a wee.
I have great control, I don't wet myself or anything like that. I literally never need to pee.
Anyone else had this? How was it resolved?

Don't have any personal experience, but I would go back to see your GP if I were you

I think I'll have to. He didn't say what could be done about it though???? xx

Have a routine? Eg as soon as you get up, after meals etc?

I also forget to wee and can easily go all day which isn't good.

Try running water while you're sat on the loo as well.

Thinking of everything here lol xx

Thanks love, some good ideas there :) x

I remember after I had my c section I was too scared to wee so lost all urge but obviously had to so I just sat on the toilet watching the water run (like a crazy woman lol) and eventually it did actually work. Had to do it quite a few times but got there in the end x

It's been 7 months now, I'm a bit concerned that its not back yet x

Wow I didn't know there might be a problem? I went usually 3 times daily before J and pregnancy but now I find myself only peeing twice sometimes. Morning and night I just never need.

Sometimes I'll be aware that I've not gone and I'll go and have a normal long pee but I didn't feel as of I needed it?

I always just assumed i had a big bladder or something lmao ?

Xxxxx

That's like me!
One day I went at 8pm and didn't go again til 2pm the next day! x

I have suffered this too after the birth of my daughter 12 years ago. Firstly you are not drinking enough fluids, if you was you would definitely get a feeling of fullness and know you needed to wee so the first thing you need to do is start drinking more. I downloaded an app that reminds me to drink water and I always tend to have a beaker or a sports bottle that I sip from constantly.

My problem was apparently from my c section. I was told this by my consultant. I had a damaged bladder after the 3rd one and some of that damage affected the nerves. Luckily after about 12 months my need to pee came back. I was really worried about it coming back with this baby but I drink so much water/squash (because I'm scared my milk will dry up due to lack of fluids) I would literally pop if I never wee'd regular.

I honestly think if you drank more the problem would right itself. Water is so good for you anyway (the benefits of drinking water are massive! I could be here all day lol) it's worth drinking loads. Set reminders in your phone, buy yourself a nice sports bottle and download the app that reminds you to drink. Mine is called "water your body" x

Tapatalking so can't see sigs or click thanks!

I do drink quite a lot though. Bf makes me soooo thirsty al the time.
It's great when I'm out, I hate public toilets and I never need to go! x

I'd have said it was lack of fluids but if you drink enough then I really am stumped! Maybe you use loads of fluids to produce your breast milk? I dunno lol! Even though is not causing you a problem I would have a chat to the doctor just to find out. That's only because I'm curious though of anything I don't understand xxx

Tapatalking so can't see sigs or click thanks!

Cos, i.only go twice or three times now but i am BFing too. However i do feel the urge to go but i can hold much longer now whivh is weird. Sorry i am no help

Tapatalking so cant see signatures

I drink about 2L of fluid a day. Me and OH go through 3L of juice a day we don't drink tea or whatever but tbh I've always had a sluggish bladder like 3 times a day still isn't a lot compared to my friends lol! But now since J I'm like twice daily.

I drink water aswell at night and I take fluid retention tablets which are supposed to make you pee?

I agree cos it is good when out, I reackon if I tried I'd manage T in the park. The toilets r the only thing stopping me going LOL xxxxx

Little man is now 7 months old.
I lost my urge to pee after his delivery, it never returned after my epidural
I saw my GP about it when lo was 12 weeks, he tested my kidney function and said that my kidneys are healthy and not suffering because of it. He said it will probably return and to come back if it doesn't.
I have a reminder set on my phone, reminding me to have a wee.
I have great control, I don't wet myself or anything like that. I literally never need to pee.
Anyone else had this? How was it resolved?
Hi everyone!
I can see that you had this problème of not having urge to pee...
I have the same problem since 8 months (i had a c-section)...
Can you tell me if you have the urge now? And how long did it take to return?
Thanks a lot!
Sorry for my english ( i'm french)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back