Lost the link to items for Hospital Bag - Anyone?

Lucy

Reaction score
Hi

My pc crashed and I lost my bookmarks - one of which was a list of items to pack in your hospital bag, I think I have most essentials but for piece of mind does anyone have a list handy of things we need to take in?

Thanks

Lucy
36 + 6

I remember looking at that at 11pm the night before I had Ella (well 3 hours before!) in a panic as I hadn't packed my bag yet. I had to keep sitting down in between contractions and repacked what DH had packed as it wasn't neat enough. It was a nightmare! This from someone who bought their pram at 7 weeks, how stoopid was I?!?!?

LOL Rosieroo - well in all fairness you had planned a homebirth!

I am really panicking about going to hospital, I realise I have a while to go yet but I just think I'll feel really stupid if I forget something! It doesn't help the fact the midwife at our parent classes said we don't get to see the ward or delivery suite (hospital policy apparently) so I can't even imagine if I'll need a wee bag to take stuff with me to the shower room or if it's just next door etc!

Hope wee Ella is being a good baby!

Lucy
36 + 6

TBH although I had the lovely tour around the delivery suite the room that I ended up in was nothing like the very homely room they showed me, though at that point all I wanted was a bed and my gas and air! It had a shower room, but all I did was stand up and wash off the blood, I didn't even use my shower gel. I just wanted to get washed and into some nice clean loose clothing. Our lovely mw arranged a private room for us to go down to afterwards and that had a private bathroom with shower, not sure what the ward ones were like as I was only in the room for a matter of hours before leaving. Next time I have a baby I will definately look into paying for a private room as it was nice to have my own facilities just a hobble away from the bed!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back