Loss of sensation to urinate

Beck 88

Reaction score
I gave birth 8 weeks ago a very traumatic birth with forcepts and cut with a 3rd degree tear and now I cannot tell if I need to urinate I do not get the sensation of a full bladder when I go to the toilet I can go but I just have no sensation

I gave birth 8 weeks ago a very traumatic birth with forcepts and cut with a 3rd degree tear and now I cannot tell if I need to urinate I do not get the sensation of a full bladder when I go to the toilet I can go but I just have no sensation
I had a prolapsed bladder after the birth of my DD. I could not even hold my urine, it would just flow out when it had reached a certain fullness. It was horrible. I had to wear diapers for a good 2 weeks. I started working those pelvic floor muscles with a physiotherapist and slowly gained back control. But like you, I didn't feel the need to go anymore. It did come back after a few months. Have you started physiotherapy?x

I'm not having physiotherapy for my bladder I do have a appointment with the gynaecologist in a few weeks so il will raise it to them as none seemed concerned because I can urinate when I take myself

I had a prolapsed bladder after the birth of my DD. I could not even hold my urine, it would just flow out when it had reached a certain fullness. It was horrible. I had to wear diapers for a good 2 weeks. I started working those pelvic floor muscles with a physiotherapist and slowly gained back control. But like you, I didn't feel the need to go anymore. It did come back after a few months. Have you started physiotherapy?x
Did you not ever feel like you needed to wee but took yourself evrey few hours?

I felt “off” down below for a good 3 months postpartum. I was convinced I had a prolapse as it felt like my insides were falling out and nothing was where it should be. I didn’t lose the sensation of needing to pee, but my point is that it might resolve itself in another month or two. I’m 4 months pp now and all of the weird sensations have cleared up. Birth is very traumatic for your body. I’d recommend you do your pelvic floor exercises religiously x

I felt “off” down below for a good 3 months postpartum. I was convinced I had a prolapse as it felt like my insides were falling out and nothing was where it should be. I didn’t lose the sensation of needing to pee, but my point is that it might resolve itself in another month or two. I’m 4 months pp now and all of the weird sensations have cleared up. Birth is very traumatic for your body. I’d recommend you do your pelvic floor exercises religiously x
Yes thanks I hope so too I'm so worried Its not going to come back I'm trying to do my pelvic floor best I can

Did you not ever feel like you needed to wee but took yourself evrey few hours?
I had no sensation to go, as soon as I thought I had to go, it would already be too late. After a while I started to get a real stinging sensation when I would go, it lasted about a month or so, and then the sensation started to come back little by little. I'm sure it's due to nerves being damaged during birth. But like @WinterWolf says, it just takes time for your body to heal. I also had spd and I could only lift weights again a year later. Hang in there!x

I had no sensation to go, as soon as I thought I had to go, it would already be too late. After a while I started to get a real stinging sensation when I would go, it lasted about a month or so, and then the sensation started to come back little by little. I'm sure it's due to nerves being damaged during birth. But like @WinterWolf says, it just takes time for your body to heal. I also had spd and I could only lift weights again a year later. Hang in there!x
OK thanks I really hope it does come back

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back