Loss of amniotic fluid at 12 weeks

Gummy bear

Reaction score
Hi, I went for my official 12 weeks scan last week (I was 11+4) and is showed little fluid around the baby. They measured baby who measured correctly however didn't measure the amount of fluid.
I was signed off work for a week with no advice but to rest. I went back today for a follow up scan and it revealed limited fluid again. This time the fluid was measured at 11mm and i should be 12+4 weeks. Baby's heart is still beating strong. I'm now signed off for two weeks and another scan next week and a meeting with the consultant.

Has anyone out there had successfully pregnancy? They told me they have never seen this so early, I actually lost the fluid not that is has 'disappeared'
Does anyone have any advice? I've read it's too early to measure fluid?
I am going out of my mind just waiting!

Sorry I dont have any personal experience. It must be reaply worrying for you. Do they think the fluid is leaking or that there isnt enough being produced? I have heard that leaks can sometimes seal over on their own. I have also read posts from ladies on here who were able to hold on for quite a few weeks after their waters going prematurely before having the baby. Of course that is much later than you are but obviously in some circumstances the baby does okay with next to no fluid. I really hope your next scan shows the fluid has increased. It sounds like taking it really easy is a good idea. I've also seen the advice to drink lots of water when fluid is low because being dehydrated makes it harder to produce fluid. I dont know if it helps but it seems like it cant hurt.

Last edited:
I had a fluid leak a couple of weeks ago. It happened one evening after work, stopped and then a little more the following evening. I haven't lost any since and that's well over a week.
They couldn't tell me why it's happened as they didn't see it happen. So we will never know if it's a leak or infection.
They told me they have never seen this happen this early on. I'm just clinging to hope, I see lots of success stories of ladies further on but wondered if there is anyone out there it's happened to at 12 weeks?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back