Losing Weight?

C0606

Reaction score
Anyone else experienced a loss in weight without much sickness? If so, any ideas why this occurs and is it healthy?

I've lost weight but with sickness and general not being able to eat. But... I was on a diet when I fell pregnant and the midwife says it's safe to carry on doing so but she wants me to see a dietician first cos set way to do it. She said as long as baby is growing it's fine x

I'm hoping its just water weight or something. Taking off to put back on sort of thing. My belly is still growing and is protruding so hopefully that's a sign the baby is still getting its grow on :)

With my daughter I was lighter when I went into labour than I was when I fell pregnant. She was a very healthy 8lb15oz x

Wow! That's crazy. I've noticed over the last few weeks just how little I knew about pregnancy and what it involves. That's eased my mind, thanks for the reply x

It was extreme sickness but shows your baby takes from you what they need. You learn something new every day and every pregnancy is different x

Hi,

I posted a similar q a week or so ago. I've lost half a stone (am 11 weeks) but have had some nausea, not felt like eating etc. My GP said it was fine and not to worry. Weird thing is I've not put any weight on but this week a definite bump has appeared! Everything I read says its too early etc (unless its twins?!?) but it definitely has! So hopefully baby is still growing and getting what it needs etc xxx

Ah I didn't see that! Thanks for replying. That sounds exactly like me. I've only had a tiny bit of actual sickness not enough to warrant the weight loss but have had quite a bit of nausea too. I'm also getting the bump but there was only the one in my scan so yeah, hopefully that means the bubba's are grabbing what they need :) x

Hi,

I posted a similar q a week or so ago. I've lost half a stone (am 11 weeks) but have had some nausea, not felt like eating etc. My GP said it was fine and not to worry. Weird thing is I've not put any weight on but this week a definite bump has appeared! Everything I read says its too early etc (unless its twins?!?) but it definitely has! So hopefully baby is still growing and getting what it needs etc xxx

Everyone shows at different times, the Internet knows nothing :) in my family we get a belly quick... I've had one since about 8 weeks :) it's mainly bloating and water retention if imagine but it's solid! :) im 11 weeks now and there's no hiding it! :) (oh and all my family have got big quick and only had one baby hehe) :)

Xx

Thanks for that Holly! Everyone says you show late with your first baby etc.. but then I am quite slim so I think any change shows anyway.. I don't mind (apart from I'm not telling many people yet!) if it means the baby is growing well etc xx

Thanks for that Holly! Everyone says you show late with your first baby etc.. but then I am quite slim so I think any change shows anyway.. I don't mind (apart from I'm not telling many people yet!) if it means the baby is growing well etc xx

Mmm I've been pregnant before but only got to 6 weeks so I dunno if that counts. But I had put alot of weight on then too haha.. Just say you've eaten too many doughnuts ;) they're be none the wiser hehe x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back