Losing plug

Discussion in 'Third Trimester' started by Blueclass, May 28, 2016.

1. Blueclass

Blueclass Well-Known Member

Hi had a sweep yesterday at 38 weeks and already 1cm dilated which is great. She could feel babys head and she was turning it.
    Since then iv been losing what I believe is the plug my question is how long after losing a plug did you go into labour? I know it can be se time for some but love hearng stories. Also if anyone knows of ways to get things moving faster that would be great.
    Thanks

2. kanga86

kanga86 Well-Known Member

With my 1st I started to lose my plug about 7 days before labour started but bloody show at 5 days before and with my 2nd it was 5 days before with the bloody show on the day labour started. So fingers crossed it starts for you soon and if not I hope the next sweep works. xx

3. Blueclass

Had a couple of loose stools today. Sorry tmi lol

4. Overthemoon2

Overthemoon2 Well-Known Member

I had sweep on Wednesday, lost quite a bit of blood stained plug Thursday and been losing bits since then...I've tried eating curry and sex for desserts but little man doesn't seem ready yet xx

5. Blueclass

Lol let's keep trying xx

6. carli91

carli91 Well-Known Member

With my second my plug started coming away at 35+6 then I woke the next day at 36 weeks to my water leaking and he was born at 36+3 x

7. keeptrying14

keeptrying14 Well-Known Member

I lost my plug 3 weeks before labour last time

8. Kholl

Kholl Well-Known Member

I lost my plug 6 days before he was born. What really kicked labor into gear was the magic trifecta: sweep, spicy food, sex! Hope to do the same this time!

9. Blueclass

I fell asleep last night so couldn't. I was thinking I can tonight but hubby just came home and has really hurt his back he can barley walk! Just going to have to bounce on ball. I hope it's not ages as they will induce me at 39 weeks next Fri x

10. mrs_z

mrs_z Well-Known Member

My baby was born the day after the plug went...so it can all happen quite fast! Fingers crossed you won't have to wait much longer!

11. kittykitchn

kittykitchn Well-Known Member

Started losing plug the day before labour, had loose stools for about a week before hand, but several on the day of labour. Won't be long Blueclass! Xx

#11 kittykitchn, May 28, 2016
    Last edited: May 28, 2016
  12. Kholl

Kholl Well-Known Member

Why are they inducing you?

13. Summergurl

Summergurl Well-Known Member

From the stories I've read & what people have told me (I'm a ftm) sounds like you won't be long blue class. Hopefully soon so you can avoid that induction! X

14. Blueclass

Only had a couple of lose stools after I eaten so not sure if that's the same. Iv had sex, just had some hot food and bit later il bounce some more. Really hope it's fast I can't say how much I don't want the induction. They want to do it as iv had reduced movements but recently she been good lots of moving. They said il have to go in on the day to be assessed. Got a feeling I'm going to have to have another sweep. X

15. kittykitchn

kittykitchn Well-Known Member

Pineapple as well! I drank two litres and went into labour (along with the raspberry tea) x

#15 kittykitchn, May 28, 2016
    Last edited: May 28, 2016
  16. Blueclass

I got some in the fridge for brekkie tomorrow. I'm going to go out Now and buy the juice. Iv been bouncing and now I feel heavy lol. Iv also just made a raspberry leaf tea with 2 rea bags in it. Thanks for the advice!! That's probably what caused the diarrhea lol x

17. YorksLass

YorksLass Well-Known Member

Hope it's all kicking off! Remember, if you don't want the induction, they won't force you - it's your call ;-)

18. Blueclass

I know I'm hoping they don't scare me into it. I do have another two sweeps before hand so hoping they will work. Iv just got back from buying pineapple juice and have some to eat in the morning. X

19. mummywanabe

mummywanabe Well-Known Member

A couple of hours before contractions started

20. Blueclass

Well started to get a bad belly ache last night and started heaving but wasn't sick. Had a bath which really helped and then came to bed
    Just woken with what feels like period pain or like I need a poo AGAIN lol x