Losing plug

Blueclass

Reaction score
Hi had a sweep yesterday at 38 weeks and already 1cm dilated which is great. She could feel babys head and she was turning it.
Since then iv been losing what I believe is the plug my question is how long after losing a plug did you go into labour? I know it can be se time for some but love hearng stories. Also if anyone knows of ways to get things moving faster that would be great.
Thanks

With my 1st I started to lose my plug about 7 days before labour started but bloody show at 5 days before and with my 2nd it was 5 days before with the bloody show on the day labour started. So fingers crossed it starts for you soon and if not I hope the next sweep works. xx

Had a couple of loose stools today. Sorry tmi lol

I had sweep on Wednesday, lost quite a bit of blood stained plug Thursday and been losing bits since then...I've tried eating curry and sex for desserts but little man doesn't seem ready yet xx

With my second my plug started coming away at 35+6 then I woke the next day at 36 weeks to my water leaking and he was born at 36+3 x

I lost my plug 6 days before he was born. What really kicked labor into gear was the magic trifecta: sweep, spicy food, sex! Hope to do the same this time!

I fell asleep last night so couldn't. I was thinking I can tonight but hubby just came home and has really hurt his back he can barley walk! Just going to have to bounce on ball. I hope it's not ages as they will induce me at 39 weeks next Fri x

My baby was born the day after the plug went...so it can all happen quite fast! Fingers crossed you won't have to wait much longer!

Started losing plug the day before labour, had loose stools for about a week before hand, but several on the day of labour. Won't be long Blueclass! Xx

Last edited:
From the stories I've read & what people have told me (I'm a ftm) sounds like you won't be long blue class. Hopefully soon so you can avoid that induction! X

Only had a couple of lose stools after I eaten so not sure if that's the same. Iv had sex, just had some hot food and bit later il bounce some more. Really hope it's fast I can't say how much I don't want the induction. They want to do it as iv had reduced movements but recently she been good lots of moving. They said il have to go in on the day to be assessed. Got a feeling I'm going to have to have another sweep. X

Only had a couple of lose stools after I eaten so not sure if that's the same. Iv had sex, just had some hot food and bit later il bounce some more. Really hope it's fast I can't say how much I don't want the induction. They want to do it as iv had reduced movements but recently she been good lots of moving. They said il have to go in on the day to be assessed. Got a feeling I'm going to have to have another sweep. X

Pineapple as well! I drank two litres and went into labour (along with the raspberry tea) x

Last edited:
I got some in the fridge for brekkie tomorrow. I'm going to go out Now and buy the juice. Iv been bouncing and now I feel heavy lol. Iv also just made a raspberry leaf tea with 2 rea bags in it. Thanks for the advice!! That's probably what caused the diarrhea lol x

Hope it's all kicking off! Remember, if you don't want the induction, they won't force you - it's your call ;-)

I know I'm hoping they don't scare me into it. I do have another two sweeps before hand so hoping they will work. Iv just got back from buying pineapple juice and have some to eat in the morning. X

Well started to get a bad belly ache last night and started heaving but wasn't sick. Had a bath which really helped and then came to bed
Just woken with what feels like period pain or like I need a poo AGAIN lol x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back