Losing my pregnancy... Symptoms ? Hcg levels?

sozzy

Reaction score
Hello all.... Firstly I'd like to give big hugs to all who need them as losing a pregnancy at any stage is heartbreaking!

My miscarriage started on Monday..red light Bleeding at 5wks.3days, doctors confirmed it was a threatened miscarriage and made me a early scan appointment which I had on Thursday.. The scan showed no pregnancy present so they put it down to a 'pul' and took my bloods straight away.. My first was that day at the level of 56.7... 48 hours later (today) they are 48.8... So I am losing this pregnancy but I feel very pregnant?? Sore boobs.. Dizzy and nausea!! All of which I didn't get at all these past two weeks.. I've been telling my husband that something is wrong from our very first bfp because of the lack of symptoms!!

I have to have more bloods taken on Monday and a scan.. Could this be a ectopic?

My bleed has completely calmed down now.. I feel all over the place and also getting hot flushes...

Just want to be back to normal..

Can anyone relate to this?? Why the slow decline in hcg?? Why do I feel more pregnant now than before??

Many thanks to anyone who can share a expirence as I know how painful it will be :(xxx

So sorry hun. If they didn't see anything on the scan, it may be that it's already passed with the bleeding giving your hcg is dropping. I think with a PUL, your hcg continues to rise so if it was a PUL, with your hcg dropping I would think that it's also gone now. Take care xx

Thanks for replying.. I was really worried about the ectopic part so feel better knowing this.

Xx

Hey honey, im really sorry for your loss!! I had a natural mc not a pul so have no particular experience of that. However in terms og hcg levels I had to go back for a couple of weeks to check my levels had gone down. They did but it was gradual. I still had some symptoms too which is just an extra reminder you dont need!!

Take care and make sure you get all the help and advice you need at the hospital. I found you needed to be quite direct asking questions etc as they could be quite vague!!

Hello all.... Firstly I'd like to give big hugs to all who need them as losing a pregnancy at any stage is heartbreaking!

My miscarriage started on Monday..red light Bleeding at 5wks.3days, doctors confirmed it was a threatened miscarriage and made me a early scan appointment which I had on Thursday.. The scan showed no pregnancy present so they put it down to a 'pul' and took my bloods straight away.. My first was that day at the level of 56.7... 48 hours later (today) they are 48.8... So I am losing this pregnancy but I feel very pregnant?? Sore boobs.. Dizzy and nausea!! All of which I didn't get at all these past two weeks.. I've been telling my husband that something is wrong from our very first bfp because of the lack of symptoms!!

I have to have more bloods taken on Monday and a scan.. Could this be a ectopic?

My bleed has completely calmed down now.. I feel all over the place and also getting hot flushes...

Can anyone relate to this?? Why the slow decline in hcg?? Why do I feel more pregnant now than before??

Many thanks to anyone who can share a expirence as I know how painful it will be :(xxx

Sorry your going through this. Feeling pg can often be to do with progesterone levels which they don't measure as much rather than the hcg levels. I had a PUL last year and my levels were nearly doubling up to 2000 but were way too low for 6-7 weeks. It sounds like all will back to normal soon physically. It takes longer mentally for sure. X

Sorry your going through this. Feeling pg can often be to do with progesterone levels which they don't measure as much rather than the hcg levels. I had a PUL last year and my levels were nearly doubling up to 2000 but were way too low for 6-7 weeks. It sounds like all will back to normal soon physically. It takes longer mentally for sure. X

Thanks.. Yes it does sound the same.. I'm sure my levels were in the thousands on Monday as a clear blue digi stated 2-3... But it was that eve the bleed started.. It wasn't meant to be.

Xx

Sorry ur going through this it's so unfair :-( I lost at 10 weeks had to have Erpc and I had preg symptoms way after they took it all away my hcg was very high for weeks afterwards still had nausea was looking very preg and boobs mega sore very cruel of our bodies to out us through this xx

Thank you...i'm sorry to hear this, it must have been very hard for you.x

Oh Sozzy, I was praying it would be ok for you. I have lost 6 now and it is still very hard to come to terms with.

Your levels can take a while a to drop off and as Fliss said, it can be more to do with your progesterone than with the hCG itself.

Take care of yourself and rest as much as you need too. I am sorry you are going through this and I pray it won't be long until you are back in Tri 1 xx

Thanks all... the Hospital aren't discharging me yet.. although the 3 blood tests ive had confirm that the levels are going down the nurse said she really wasn't expecting this outcome ?... she wants me back on monday (17th) for a scan to check all is ok for a pregnancy.. she felt my progesterone should have been higher or something.

Roll on monday... i dont like waiting games... all my friends keep asking why i'm being called back for a scan and i wish i knew!!

xx

Hey hun, sorry to hear what you're going through.

I had a mmc (baby was 7+3, i was scanned at 10+4) and my symptoms definitely continued. I had only been sick once prior to the scan but morning sickness continued for a good week after. Our bodies can be so cruel :( hope you're ok xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back