loosing weight to get pregnant

cers123

Reaction score
hey girls

i havent started ttc yet as i currently feel i need to loose weight before i get pregnant. i am a full 3 stone heavier now that i was the first time i got pregnant with my 1st born. I was hopining initially to start ttc in april 2017 but i have moved it back until september 2017.

I know its a year away and it seems like such a long time, but i really need the gap inbetween my next baby annd my last (my youngest was 1 on 27th May 2016).

Has any of u girls done this, gave yourself a good amount of time to try loose weight to get pregnant in order to ensure ur pregnancy is as healthy as possible?

thanks xx

Me! Slightly concerned as I'll be 35 in July next year but equally think being slimmer is also important. NTNP for this month only as if it doesn't happen now then will WTT until next year. Also don't want to be heavily pg in summer, as with extra weight still potentially this will be even harder. Want to lose a minimum of 3st but ultimately more. Also same as you I'd like a bigger gap in between my boy and baby.

I started losing weight last November because I was very overweight and it was causing fertility problems. I've lost 6 and a half stone so far. It's worth checking your BMI to see if you are overweight. I think it's only then that it can affect your hormones.

My bmi is awful it's like 38 or something I think I need to loose like 6 stone in total to be In a good range.

I just don't think getting pregnant at the weight I am which is 17st 4lb. Is healthy. Ino that's my opinion and I don't mean to offend anyone.

I'm looking forward to becoming healthier for me and my boys and my next little baby

That seems sensible. My BMI was 45 when I started and I was told to lose 6 stone but that 3 or 4 stone might make a difference. If you are overweight you can have too much estrogen which can complicate things. The NHS fertility clinics in the UK won't treat anyone with a BMI over 30.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gzmndrea
Back