Looking for some advice.

JaneL

Reaction score
Hi, sorry new member just looking for some support or advice. As of there hours ago I have just found out I am five weeks ish pregnant, to be confirmed tomorrow. I'm absolutely petrified. My partner and I don't live together and he's not very happy, I know a shock for us both. How do you deal with this?

Thank you.

Last edited:
Hi Jane, it's very normal to feel scared, especially if you weren't planning the pregnancy. Though it upsets me when the man gets angry (he had as much to do with it as you) i'd recommend giving him some space to mull it over to avoid conflict/him saying horrible things in the heat of the moment that may impact your relationship later on. I had a surprise pregnancy at the age of 21, and although I was shocked I quickly realised that I was happy about it. My partner took a while to come round and i'd even go as far as to say that he hasn't bonded very well with our daughter (he is just starting to really make an effort - she is almost 5..) I love him to bits and he tries but the truth is he was too young and selfish to become a Dad. I'm now expecting our second and it's a very different story.. I don't know where in your life you are but one thing I know about women in partucular is that we are very good at dealing with things and cracking on. Babies are a blessing (cliche but true..) Give yourself some time, you're going to go through a whole heap of emotions, be patient with yourself and decide what is best for you. I'm sure you already know somewhere in your gut how you feel about the pregnancy.. Wishing you all the best, there are some wonderful women (and men) on here so it's a great place to come for a chat xx

He knew the potential consequences of not using protection so he's got no right to be unhappy really!!
Ive not been in your situation but I would say take some time for yourself and don't be pressured into making any decisions. I hope it all works out for you x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back