Looking for reassurance

timtam78

Reaction score
Hi ladies...

I put this in pregnancy chat but actually thought it was a bit more appropriate to put in here...

Well I got my BFP on Thursday so I'm just 4wks exactly. I've had 2 mc. One at 11wks and one really early at about 4+5.

For this one I am trying to keep a PMA as I'm reading a book about positive thinking and pregnancy.

But I guess I am just looking for some success stories of ladies who have mc towards the end of tri one but gone on to have a successful pregnancy and not have it happen again. I think this might help my PMA as I am trying to stop the negative thoughts creeping in.

xxx

Last edited:
Hey hun, you know my story, but I just wanted to share the things that have helped me this time to stay positive:
1. Focus on the differences. This pg felt different from any other one I'd had, bizarrely less symptoms up until 6 weeks.
2. Do whatever it takes to reassure yourself on bad days, poas, doppler, whatever, I don't and didn't care what anyone else thought.
3. Accept that there will be days where the pma is almost impossible to keep up. Come on here and share the doubts and fears, it helps!

I've got everything x for you. Sending massive amounts of sticky baby glue. X

Thx Fliss, you're always there for me and an inspiration :)

Yep I have hardly any symptoms either although I do weirdly have a better feeling about this one. I won't go to docs/make booking in appointment until I see a 3+ on digi. I'm gonna do some more cheapies during the week for reassurance and will prob do another digi next weekend.

Thx again duck xxx

Hi hun so sorry for your losses I had 5 miscarriages but am now sat here with my little 4 week old baby boy Harry. Hes my little miracle. Try stay positive I know thats easier said than done. I know there were times when I thought id never have a baby but here I am. Take each day as it comes. Wilk be keeping everything crossed for you. Good luck xxx

Hi Hayels, I know I've not spoke to you on here really but I do remember from other posts what you've been through. It's hard enough with 2 mc but 5. So glad you've got there and huge congratulations on the birth of Harry. I bet it feels amazing! xxx

Last edited:
I had 11 miscarriages, and now have a 5 month old daughter.

I agree with fliss; do whatever it takes to reassure yourself! I used my Doppler constantly throughout pregnancy, it was by far the best thing I have ever bought! I ended up with 18 scans cos I needed that constant reassurance. Fingers crossed for a sticky xxx

Wow Diane, 11 miscarriages! How on earth did you keep on going? You are one strong woman!x

Last edited:
I had 2 MC at 12 & 8 weeks before I had my 1st baby. Now I am 20 weeks pregnant with my 3rd. I can't say I have ever been relaxed in the first 14 weeks of pregnancy. But the Doppler has kept me going insane all 3 times. Hopefully it's 3rd time lucky for you as well!! Keep up with the positive thinking!!

sorry to butt in your thread Tammy, but I am now in the same position - after a 7 and 10 week loss and a chemical I am less than confident this time round, but am trying to keep positive.

I know a doppler is great for reassurance, but its the weeks before a doppler would work that I find the hardest - as dopplers don't always work before 11 weeks and can cause even more worry if you can't find anything - how to cope from week 4-12 is what I'm worrying about!

hey I had 2 mc one at 6 and 8 weeks, now 14 weeks pregnant, I have had 5 scans already due to stress and spotting, I wont lie the first 12 weeks were extremely hard, I worried everyday that something would go wrong, but your doing the right thing, try and stay as positive as possible and remember every pregnancy is different so just as much chance as a successful pregnancy as the next lady. Try not to goggle to much and don't look to much into statistics. Goodluck and keep looking forward to your 12 weeks scan

Thx Kiki and Can for sharing your stories :)

Iwant3, you're not butting in! :) Yeh it's gonna be tough. I'm reading a book about positivity and pregnancy and also listening to zita west pregnancy relaxation CD. I am just trying to stay strong with the PMA, but I still want this next couple of months to fly by. Hope you get your sticky bean this time round hun xxx

Last edited:
I've had 2 mc and am ttc again reading all you ladies posts makes me feel really positive for the future :) sending congratulations to you all and lots of sticky baby dust hope its my turn soon :) xxxx

My epu scanned me weekly from week 6-13, that's what got me through first tri tbh!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back