Looking for advice on Asprin, Progesterone and vitamin B6

Balthazar1275

Reaction score
Just TRI hopping here and looking for help and advice from you lovely ladies.

As I have had 3 miscarriages now I am taking some time out TTC while I wait for my pregnancy tests to go back to negative after my most recent loss and waiting for my cycles to regulate.
Me and my husband haven't decided on where we go from here but I have been looking into the possibility of taking other tablets/medication if we were to get another BFP.

Just looking for your opinions on:
Vitamin B6
Baby Asprin
Progesterone

I would like to know if any of you have/ are taking any of these and found they helped with a sticky bean. Where did you get it? We're you prescribed it? When did you start/stop taking it?

Michelle x

I'm taking pregnacare. That's it and my 5 fruits and veg a day. That's it

Last edited:
I was prescribed progesterone peassaries and I have been taking baby aspirin they said I must take it until I'm due but I haven't took it for a few days. And I brought the baby aspirin myself. Don't take vitamin b6 but I was advised vitamin d is good to take xx

I genuinely think taking baby aspirin and progesterone has helped me get this far. I will be in 2nd tri on Saturday and I've had 2 miscarriages which one was about 7 weeks my second 4-5. xxx

Thanks ladies, I really think the asprin and progesterone are the way to go. Will definitely speak to GP about these when we start TTC again

Michelle x

I was on Vitamin B6 with both BFP's Michelle x

I was on b6 b12 folio acid and epo (only until ovulation) when I got my bfp

Hello I suffered a number of early losses but I am now 28 weeks pregnant, it could just be coincidence but with this pregnancy I took B6 and used natural progesterone cream up until about 8 weeks. Hope you get your sticky bean soon xx

I was on Vitamin B6 with both BFP's Michelle x

I was on b6 b12 folio acid and epo (only until ovulation) when I got my bfp

Hello I suffered a number of early losses but I am now 28 weeks pregnant, it could just be coincidence but with this pregnancy I took B6 and used natural progesterone cream up until about 8 weeks. Hope you get your sticky bean soon xx

What dose of B6 were you ladies taking? We're you taking it before conception or just once you got BFP? Where did you get it from?

Michelle x

Can you tell me which cream you used?

Michelle x

I was taking 100mg of B6 from conception I also used the progesterone cream from conception it was called wellsprings which I bought online xx

I was taking 100mg of B6 from conception I also used the progesterone cream from conception it was called wellsprings which I bought online xx

Thank you so much Amy that's very helpful. Will look into that

Michelle x

I have taken B6 before michelle, but read up on it first as if youwant to take it for a number of cycles then high dose for a long period of time is not good - so I only used it for one cycle then not for a few then tried it again.....high dose b6 can damage your nerves - esp in finger tips etc. everytime I have tried it I ovulate slightly later and have a longer luteul phase, but I also got twitching eyelids whilst on it - which would occur about 20 times every day!

everything i read about baby aspirin says the same - if you need it, it could help, if you don't it won't hurt! :)

main thing about being able to take something that 'may' help give you some control back, and makes you feel you are doing something different this time etc.

I do have progesterone cream, but that is such a low dose i'm not sure it would be as beneficial as the pessaries that are prescribed to some ladies.

My mum ripped a page out of a magazine yesterday to show me. A lady had 3 miscarriages and was asked to start a trial of either progesterone or placebo but she didn't know which she had neither did the doctors. She then had a healthy baby girl x

Hi Michelle, I got my 3rd BFP a few weeks before my appt for the RMC. I started taking Aspirin off my own back with the knowledge that it can't do any harm. After not getting past 9 weeks with the first 2 pregnancies I'm now going in to Tri 3 tomorrow. Who knows if it made a difference but I've felt better knowing that I'm trying something xx

That's what I have been thinking. If we were to try again. I want to throw everything at it and know that I did everything I could to make my bean stick.

Michelle x

Ask the docs to prescribe cyclogest pessies michelle there the progesteroneones i got with my ivf xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back