Looking for a bit of reassurance

I have some 75mg (I think) baby asprin in my ttc drawer but never dared take it. How much do you take? And it can't have any negative effects can it?

Now this is just the opinion of one consultant but he was adamant that I shouldn't take baby asprin.

Obviously he'd seen all my results and knew there was no issue with my blood, so his advice was not to bother. He did say there were links between baby asprin and gastric problems with the baby?

As I say this is the opinion of one Dr, and we know how different their views vary.

Also this was based on me and my results, I know a lot of ladies swear by baby asprin though.

I'd personally speak to your GP and take it from there.

Actually, I have had another (different) consultant tell me not to take baby asprin.. when we went in for the tests I asked about it and this consultant said if there was anything wrong with my blood I would need more 'help' than just asprin so he told me it was a waste of time.

This is just my experience though hun, I still have my baby asprin in the drawer as I bought them between appointments 1 and 2 with RMC but i never got round to taking them.

xxxxxxxx

Last edited:
Thanks for that Nat, I think I will speak to the docs before doing anything x

Last edited:
Naomip, thanks hun! Oooh didn't know she had an audio book too, I might download that as well! :) x

It's like a hypnotising cd, it's so relaxing I always fall asleep! There's also one for an easy labour which I'll be listening to in a few months x

Congrats TimTam :) great news. No real advice. I've only been pregnant twice, i suffered one mmc at 9 weeks and have just had my gorgeous son following a successful pregnancy.

PMA sounds like a great thing to have - I spent most of my pregnancy worrying and panicking.

xx

Hi TimTam,
I have just read back through my pregnancy journal, have a read of the early weeks and you will see the ups and downs and emotions i went through.
It may help you understand a bit and read anyone elses journal that you know suffered losses.

Hope PMA is managing to hold up xxx

Hi TimTam,
I have just read back through my pregnancy journal, have a read of the early weeks and you will see the ups and downs and emotions i went through.
It may help you understand a bit and read anyone elses journal that you know suffered losses.

Hope PMA is managing to hold up xxx

Thx hun I will do! x

Hi Hun!

You know my story best I think :lol: just wanted to say how incrediably happy I am for you sweet and keep up the PMA!

Defo ask about progesterone and aspirin at the docs. I took that up unitl 12 weeks and now look! I am still on folic acid (plus B12 - the chemist told me that B12 helps the body to take on the folic acid) and take Magnesium aswell (Doc said helps against bleeding.........???) From a nutrition point of view stuff yourself with sesame seeds and broccoli for folic acid and celery which is good for the blood - I should be eating it as well for my high bp but I cant stand the taste of it!:x

All this in combination with your PMA means that you and Bella are really going to swap bumps and it will stay that way!

BIG HAPPY HUGS to you (and OH!!! :)) Cant wait to stalk your journey!! XXXXXXX

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back