Looking for a bit of reassurance

timtam78

Reaction score
Hi ladies...

Well I got my BFP on Thursday so I'm just 4wks exactly. I've had 2 mc. One at 11wks and one really early at about 4+5.

For this one I am trying to keep a PMA as I'm reading a book about positive thinking and pregnancy.

But I guess I am just looking for some success stories of ladies who have mc towards the end of tri one but gone on to have a successful pregnancy and not have it happen again. I think this might help my PMA as I am trying to stop the negative thoughts creeping in.

Hope it's ok to post this here.

xxx

Hey,

I've had 3 miscarriages. One at 7 weeks, one at 9 weeks and one at 11 weeks. I've got 2 children which I carried to term straight after miscarriages. I'm now pregnant for the 6th time, falling pregnant weeks after miscarriage. I'm still early days, but have had a few scans already and all seems to be going ok. Fingers crossed! Thinking positive x

Hi Timtam. I can't give you a success story (yet) but I just want to say congratulations. I'm also trying really hard to keep a PMA after a mmc at 14 weeks last year.I've downloaded the Zita West relaxation for pregnancy which I'm finding really good. Can I ask you what book your reading?
Best of luck Timtam I hope you have a very healthy and happy 9 months xxx

Thanks Toria and Rednursie :) Sorry about your previous mc but sending positive vibes for your current ones!

Rednursie, the book is called 'Trying to get pregnant (and succeeding)' by Maris peer. I might download that Zita West thing too, is it a book?x

Last edited:
Congrats hun!!

I hope that this is your sticky bean.....

I never had a loss later than 9w but as you know I did have 3 successive losses and we had all the recurrent miscarriage testing.

With my 4th pregnancy I took high dose folic acid but our tests had showed there was no 'reason' for our losses so I didn't need to take anything else, in-fact I had to harass the Dr for the FA lol.

We got our BFP the day before we gout our results from RMC and I remember the consultant telling me to be positive and to be calm - like that was going to happen??

However my 4th pregnancy just felt different and I was incredibly calm. I had a few early scans and set myself little milestones etc.. If I was having a hard day I'd just remind myself that there was no reason to worry until there was a reason iykwim? I spotted with all my losses so getting through the early days with no spotting was a massive achievement.

I won't lie, time drags and it can be exhausting to keep yourself from thinking the worst but I refused to let fear spoil such a precious time in my life.

As things turned out I had an amazing pregnancy, loved every moment and now I have a little 8 month old miracle :lol:

Keep the faith, keep positive and keep calm

xxxxxxxxx

Last edited:
Thanks Nat :) yep you are definitely an inspiration to keep on going, along with Fliss too.
I'm going to find it hard to be fully positive for the next 2 months but I'm gonna try my hardest!
I'm already planning in my head for future with baby, what nursery is going to be like etc. The book says act like its going to work out and also avoid using words like 'hope' because of the aspect of doubt in it.

I'm taking pregnacare everyday but when I go the docs for midwife referral (going to wait till I get a 3+ at least on digi for that) I will ask if there's anything else I should do like take more folic acid etc. I'm also making sure I'm eating lots of foods with folate in too.

We will get there!!x

It's a cd-You can get it on the Zita West website but Its slightly cheaper on iTunes xxx

Hi TimTam,

I had 2 x previous losses, one mmc that i found out just before 12 wk scan, (had some spotting so had scan at epu) it took me 10 mths to fall PG again, 2nd found out at 9 wks as went for an early reassurance scan (no reassurance was given just the bad news!) .
It took me 15 mths to fall PG again.

This time I was so scared that I could not bear to go for an early scan, even though I did have 4 days of cramping and spotting at 7weeks.
I was so scared to enter that room at epu!!
Somehow I made it to the 12 wk scan and everything was ok.

I was a nervous, anxious wreck inside for most of those weeks, but just kept myself a=s busy as possible.
I carried a lucky crystal that was recommended by one of the girls on here and it really helped me.
I kept trying to picture the baby as part of our family and be positive as possible.
Even through the bleeding , when I cried my eyes as was sure it was all over.
But I did feel quite sick and I knew that was a good sign, to feel that rotten something had to be happening
Just every day as it comes, and focus on the end result - that baby in your arms xxx

Hey there there are I think four of us who are third time lucky in tri three at the moment and one lady who recently gave birth to a healthy baby despite her last pregnancy ending full term still born :( so there is definatly hope my losses were both due to anacephaly so I did at least have reason even tho they didn't know why my babys skulls weren't forming both losses were 16.5 weeks and 12 weeks as found out at first scans. I'm now eagarly awaiting the arrival of my baby nursery is done up and a few years back I'd never imagined this could be me I'm 39weeks preg on Tuesday!!!! So I'm pretty much there now all is well so far and I hope to have baby home with me in the next few weeks be positive xxx

Corinne what a long journey you've been on and K8_005 what a tough time you've had too. Certainly puts mine into perspective. So glad you're both nearing the end of your journey to holding your babies in your arms! x

Corinne what a long journey you've been on and K8_005 what a tough time you've had too. Certainly puts mine into perspective. So glad you're both nearing the end of your journey to holding your babies in your arms! x

No loss is more or less than any other no matter how early or late in the pregnancy its still terrible for those involved and even if u have no previous loss or problems tri one is a very worrying time so I think positive attitudes are brilliant always remember EVERY pregnancy is different even three healthy ones for the Same person will have diff symptoms its just another fantastic and amazing part of the miracle of baby making. Look forward to hearing ur good news at 12weeks it seems far off now but ul get there xxx

Hey TimTam, congrats on your BFP. I was pregnant at the same time as you last year. I've just went in to Tri 3 after 2 losses, both just before 9 weeks and both missed miscarriages. For this pregnancy I started taking aspirin just so I was doing something different. I've been lucky in so far as I didn't have to wait between losses and got pregnant straight away each time. I also waited until after 8 weeks before having an early scan this time as I saw a heartbeat at 7 weeks with last pregnancy and still went on to lose it. It's difficult, but try and keep busy, get on with life and hopefully this is the one that was always meant to be.

The positive thing that I take from my miscarriages is that it's made me appreciate this pregnancy so much more. I don't take anything for granted and lie awake most nights just marvelling at this little being wriggling about inside me :) when I saw this one at 10 weeks I fell instantly in love and just thought that this is maybe the baby I was always meant to have and it took two losses to get me here.

Really hope this is it for you :)xx

Hey Vickimo, thanks hun. I thought about taking asprin or getting some progesterone cream but i am just scared to do anything which isn't natural that i haven't been told to. I might ask the doc when i go what he/she thinks though. I will definitely appreciate this pregnancy, I'm already getting little pangs of excitement imagining getting a bump and decorating the nursery and stuff :) So glad you're on your way to meeting your little one in the not too distant future. :)

Rednursie, I've just downloaded that Zita West thing too, so going to lie down and have a listen in a min.

xx

When I was pregnant my midwife said that our health board recommends continuing folic acid throughout the pregnancy and vitamin d. Good luck hun, I'm sure everything will be fine for you this time xx

When I was pregnant my midwife said that our health board recommends continuing folic acid throughout the pregnancy and vitamin d. Good luck hun, I'm sure everything will be fine for you this time xx

Thx hun, I'm taking pregnacare which has everything in so will take that all the way through. Just listened to Zita West so feel all chilled out now xxxx

hey hun
obv cant give u advice here, but just wanted to say how pleased i am that (a) youve posted in the pregnancy section, and (b) that ur signature has changed......loooooving the PMA!!!!!!

xxxxxx

Thanks Toria and Rednursie :) Sorry about your previous mc but sending positive vibes for your current ones!

Rednursie, the book is called 'Trying to get pregnant (and succeeding)' by Maris peer. I might download that Zita West thing too, is it a book?x

Hey timtam I was reading that book too. It's great isn't it. I also downloaded her audio cd and since I got my bfp I've been listening to the 'perfect pregnancy' section. I talk to my little bean a lot, as she reccommends. I look crazy because I sometimes forget and do it in public!

I hope that you have a stress free and healthy 9 months. Congrats on your bfp again! X

Oh yes I took baby aspirin this time up until 35 weeks - i would def recommend it!!
At the point of my bleeding at 7 wks my consultant said to me i am 95% all will be ok this time as you are taking baby aspirin!! Go get some the earlier the better to take it xxxx

I have some 75mg (I think) baby asprin in my ttc drawer but never dared take it. How much do you take? And it can't have any negative effects can it?

Last edited:
Naomip, thanks hun! Oooh didn't know she had an audio book too, I might download that as well! :) x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back