Longest cycle ever part 2 ( going to go back on pill)

Lucyboo

Reaction score
Basically for those of you that don't know my story, I have high fsh levels, or premature ovarian failure. haven't had the witch since just after Xmas. I need to do something to try and kick my body into some kind of routine while I still may have a chance. Ive booked docs on the hope I can get myself a month or 2 on the contraceptive pill to bring on a period. I don't think I've got any chance of a baby settling if I've had nothing this long with my lining probably been there too long now. Has anyone ever done it this way? I know I'm so lucky to have my amazing 14 month old miracle after being told that wouldn't even happen, it's just frustrating as I've basically been written off by the NHS x

If you get something called Northesterone it would bring on an AF? The pill might regulate them over a longer term though. I would be worried about how heavy it would be after so long!

I hope something works for you soon.

Last edited:
I know that really worries me, apart from after having my daughter the longest previously was 17 weeks and that was bad enough. I will look into that thanks, just need to try and restart this cycle x

I was also going to suggest norithsterone (spelling?) It may be a quicker solution than pill as think you take it for 7-10 days to induce bleed xx

Ok. Im looking into this now. Do you know how long it takes to induce a period with this? I can only find info about people taking it to delay a period x

I thought it was 7-10 days but could be wrong xx

Ok, thanks. I'm only assuming the pill would help as I remember a few years back getting a long AF but obvs started taking that on a bleed.

Have you thought about Angus cactus? I haven't used it but looked into it after I finished the depo. Some ladies swear by the stuff, I would give it a Google? Xx

Northesterone works within 2 weeks. It does delay a period but once you have finished taking your course of them you start to bleed.

I use it to lighten bleeding and my bleeding stops then comes back but much lighter.

I have tried Maca in the past, this really helped, not tried Angus cactus but will check it out.

I will defo find out about this northestone. Thanks ladies x

Last edited:
I took northisterone in order to kick start a period to be able to start on Clomid. It worked for me xx

Last edited:
I was given Progynova to bring on a period (even though I had them regularly...). It might be the same thing? Xx

I think if you contact your GP they should be able to provide something

I have an appointment next week so fingers crossed x

I've also used northisterone, after you finish the course you should bleed within a week. I think I bled within 4 days ish each time (apart from once when it turned out I was pregnant!).

I love angus Castus I took it a few months ago to induce my ovulation and periods after the depo, and withIn 2 weeks it had worked.
I recently started again as I had stopped ovulating and I was having bleeds every 2 weeks, Within 5 days I had ovulated! I should be 'due' on today if i was still having bleeds every two weeks, but nothing! No AF feeling or anything, and my boobs are super painful! Which is how they usually feel when i ovulate. They haven't felt painful in months! x

They gave me norethisterone. Told them I'm not being taken serious enough. Fingers crossed it works for me x

Well I took it for a week and now I still have no sign of AF. Anyone have any idea how long it could take to show up x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back