Long hard emotional journey

LisaMaguire

Reaction score
Hi all,

Haven't been on this forum for quite a while (sorry about that guys!)
To be honest I was really stressed out getting started with my fertility clinic and every time I logged on here everyone was celebrating their :bfp: I am happy for each and everyone one of those who have managed to conceive but obviously trying for more than 4 years does feel a bit like :wall2:

Anyways - When I seen my consultant at the start of this year, after a few tests it appears that I'm not actually ovulating at all. So she's suggested that I get a fertility laparoscopy to check that my tubes arn't blocked/ possibly unblock them or have a complete exploratory investigation to see exactly what's going on.
Through unfortunate bad health I put on weight in the past few years. Getting told your too fat for the operation is humiliating enough!
So I've been righting that wrong. So far I've lost 2 and a half stone and now at a weight my surgeon is happy with me to go ahead with this surgery! :dance:
Just half a stone to go which my consultant and dietician said I will smash in no time as I've changed my whole diet/ fitness outlook.
Annoyingly I have to wait all the way till November but by that time my weight will be exactly what they want to start treatment immediately after surgery if needs be.

Since loosing the weight I've noticed that my monthly cycle has now changed. Previously was on a 31 day cycle. For the past 4-5 months I'm now on a 28 day cycle. (very regular, never late).
I am now 1 day late, and the first little chance of hope I've had in about a year.
Ever so eager to test but I am waiting. How long would you suggest I wait to test as I'm just not too sure?

(sorry about the whole story but this has been an eventful few months) :2ww:

:pompom: Rooting for all you guys! xx :pompom:

I am so glad things are looking up and you are getting some help. I would have tested by now but if you are reluctant then maybe wait til you get to your old cycle length-so day 31. I wish you loads of luck and I hope its your turn. I know how hard it is to wait such a long time and with the added stress of fertility issues, keep us posted :) x

Last edited:
Fx for you and huge congrats on your weight loss x

Hi and well done on your weight loss. If you're late by what you now consider to be your normal cycle then test anytime really. Even if.you decide to.give it another couple days It should be accurate now.
I wasn't ovulating due to pcos and was given ovarian drilling which worked a treat :) good luck xx

Still practicing on the new phone.....

Seems odd to say you're not ovulating and yet your cycle is so regular!............if you don't want to risk testing to early I would wait until your longest cycle time before testing if still no AF......

good luck with everything.

I would agree with testing on CD31, hope you get your BFP!xxx

Hi everyone!

Just thought I'd update you on what's happening.
Unfortunately today I started my AF boo! Not getting too downhearted, these things happen and obviously not my time.
I am feeling more positive that I'm finally getting somewhere with the fertility clinic. It's a shame that waiting time for everyone is a killer but again these things happen.
Hopefully this exploratory Lap will give me and my consultant some answers or indication to why these past 4 years have been a struggle.
I'm still very confused on the concept on have a regular cycle but not actually ovulating. Hopefully they will find the answer to this.
Does anyone know what will usually happen next after a Lap, treatment wise as I still find this a bit confusing and new.

Thanks for your comments, it does put your mind at ease to know your not alone.
My husband is very supportive but sometimes having that female to female explanation helps that little bit more as they are currently/ already been through it.

So sorry AF showed up :mad:
I just wanted to say well done with your weight loss, you have done amazingly! I really hope everything goes well for you and fx you get your BFP very soon. Good luck chick x

Lisa, has your hubby got any issues? It's just with us, all was assumed ok with hubby as we have a son, but turned out he had a very low sperm count. We only found this out when we started IVF. Sadly that failed but we beat the odds with clomiphene, Metformin, Activ Balance fertility gel, loads of DTD and hubby eating Brazil nuts and lots of vitamins!

Well done with the weight loss and keep positive xx

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back