long cycles and agnus cactus

lillou

Reaction score
hi everyone, well last month i had a 41day cycle and this month its 35 (came on yesterday :( ) anyway what is this agnus cactus? do you think i should try it? any advice on it will be much apprectiated like what does it do, bad effects (if any) etc

thanks in advance

:hug:

Hi,

I have ordered some Agnus Cactus for myself as I have long and irregular cycles. I have a very good friend who is a herbal medicine practicioner. I asked her what she thought about me taking it and this was her response:

"I would recommend that you take Chaste Tree (Vitex Agnus-Castus) also just called Vitex. it is the berries that you take and it is a very safe hormone and female reproductive system normaliser. it is not normally taken in combination with any other remedies, and it works very well for a range of female hormonal complaints.

It does take a few months to start working and has an excellent normalising effect. the female repro system is very responsive to these equalising remedies and if this is all you are experiencing then it has a good chance of working. it is not researched adequately to be considered safe to take during pregnancy so it would be important to check if your period is at all later than usual. if you took it for the first few weeks of pregnancy accidently it is very unlikely to cause any problems."

I am still waiting for mine to arrive. But I have heard good things from others that have used it.

Hope this helps. :)

Hi Lillou

I have been taking agnus castus for the last two weeks on the advice of a herbal practitioner. She said that it sounds as though the pill is not yet out of my system since I stopped taking it in February this year as my cycles have ranged from 33 to 55 days in the past ten months. She advised I take agnus castus to help regulate my cycles. She has given it to me in liquid form and I have to take 10 drops in a little water or juice every morning. She said that this cycle may be drastically reduced to around three weeks, which looks possible after a quick look at my chart. I also experienced a very light and short AF this month although I'm not sure whether this was related, as I had started AF the day before I started taking the agnus castus.

Hope this helps although I haven't really been taking it long enough to give much advice :D

Hi,

You have my sympathy, I had a 42 day cycle last month. I'm contemplating taking Agnus Castus next month if I have another long cycle.

I'd be interested to hear how you get on with it. Lots of women on here have had positive experiences with it.

i have started taking it this month because my af are like 4 or 5 months apart. i hope its working the other day i had the worst cramps in my tummy i never had pain like that before! i was out shoppin and had to lean on a wall till it passed.

i have had a few twinges and cramps aswell the rest of the time but i like it coz it actually feels like its doing something.
i think it generally takes a couple of months to start working but some people start to see the results after the first month.
good luck if you decide to try it :hug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back