Lonely

Flossy82

Reaction score
Hi all me again can i ask why do people seem to want to ingore me for i dont mean anyone in general but most days i fel so lonely and i know i have the two babes to look after but my mates if you can call them that dont seem to want to know and i miss company like that and being able to have a chat and a good laugh with people im just wondering weither its something about me or what i say or do i dont know?Im lost? Sorry if i sound daft. But none of my friends have kiddies to look after so i dont know what their excuse is but, to be honest i give up wondering a long time ago. :?

it always seems you have to get a new set of friends when you have kids r there any mother and baby groups near you that you could go to and meet new friend your hv might be able to help.i am sure it is nothing to do with you it's just that friend without kids have different priorities. keep smiling and you can always talk to us :D

Hey Flossy...

It's true, friends don't want to know sometimes unless they are parents themselves. Also, it's difficult to receive visitors who you presume are coming to visit you, but rush past you to go to the crib...you stand there going...is it me?

*HUG*

Don't be lonely hun. Go for a walk, cultivate new mom friendships, join a group. It will get better.

Sue

Mother and Baby groups are great! Many advertise online or have posters at the doctors or clinic.

Did you go to any ante-natel or post-natel classes? Maybe you could get together with those moms if you did.
One of my friends from post-natel group has even joined this forum
(hiya beany!)

Hi Flossy

sorry to hear your feeling like this, all my friends did the same, as soon as i was prengant it was like i wasnt capable of going out or having fun anymore so i hardly hear from them now.
the only one who still stuck with me is was my best, but i lost her this week over a man of all things!!

i was thinking of going along to a mother and baby group to try to make new friends but to be honest im very shy when it comes to meeting people so im scared about going.

shame we dont live closer, we could of kept each other company and gone shopping etc :)

Awww Hun!
Why dont you ask them whats going on. If they are friends they may appriciate you telling them that they are making you feel like this.
Its so awful feeling lonely, My family and friends are 1.5 hours away, and OH works 12 hour days, so i know how you feel.
Its an idea to go to the mother + baby groups, i went yesterday, felt a complete lemon but evryone was so nice, and ill defo go again.
Have a chat with your mates, im sure they'll be v.apologetic when they realise they have made you feel s**t.

layla said:
i was thinking of going along to a mother and baby group to try to make new friends but to be honest im very shy when it comes to meeting people so im scared about going.

I am the shyest person ever! I dont even go to the shops by myself because i'm so embarrassed. I go red at everything even talking to people on the phone!!! :oops:

Anyway my MW and my OH practically forced me to go to a first time mum group at my community centre. I had the runs all day before i went i was so nervous. and when i did get there i sat bright red and sweaty throughout the whole thing.

Because i had Reece bouncing about on my knee i had something to do while no one was talking to me so that made it a bit better! The next week i felt a bit more relaxed and i joined in conversations.

Now i'm close to one of the mothers that was there. We meet up all the time!

I went with her to a weaning class and met some more people there. :lol:

I think you should go to a group Layla you'll prob be surprised at how quick you'll fit in!

It's true Layla I'd really give it a go...there are tons of other mums out there who are just like you, want to meet people but are a bit shy.
Even just an hour a week to have a cuppa and a chat is a godsend to me!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back