Lonely, pregnant and going ever so slightly mad!!!

Cathy

Reaction score
Hi, I'm 14 weeks pregnant with my first baby and absolutely thrilled about it, but am finding it quite lonely in the respect that none of my friends are settling down or having kids (despite the fact that I'm 33!) and are not interested at all in my wonderful news. Also finding the emotional rollercoaster pretty tough, and as wonderful as my fiance is, he's not dealing with my mood swings too well either - one moment deliriously happy, next moment in floods of tears - and I won't even go into the angry moments!!! Please tell me I'm normal - any advice gratefully received!

hi Cathy!!!
most definately normal!!
i'm the same at 7 weeks!!!
Graham is supportive, but the look of shock when i change from smiley happy to floods of tears says it all!!! (bless him!)

Congrats & good luck xxx

Hi Cathy,
I really know how you feel!
I am just five and a half weeks pregnant. I'm 35.
My mood swings are dreadful - I cried at Hollyoaks on Sunday!! I mean...really!
One minute I'm really excited, happy and content and the next minute I'm a worrying, depressed anxious wreck.
My friends don't seem to be anywhere near baby stage so I feel very alone too.
Doesn't help that I can't drink now and I don't want to be in smoky pubs.
So...I do know how you feel!
This place is very good for making you feel like you're not alone!
Good luck!
Lucyx

I so know what you all mean.

I was used to meeting friends done the pub having some drinks etc etc prior to being preggers and now - stop completely. Hubbie and I were regulars at meeting after work for a drink too but I now come straight home....it is lonely. Particularly at this stage when you can't see any physical changes in your body......or other people can't see changes. Ian still heads down the pub but I'm quite happy for him to coz it gets him out of my hair when I'm in 'one-of-those-moods'. At the same time though, he doesn't know what this strange woman has done with his wife......bless him x.

Actually - I think I've already got a 2 yo and a baby on the way.....it's him.

x

Ha ha I cried at Emmerdale last night!!

Hi Kim!

HA HA... me too. Kind astrange how emotional you get when your pregnant! Whenever I argue with my partner I cry and even when I went to the docs to get my pregnancy confirmed, when she said Congratulations to me I just burst out in tears... lol quite crazy I know!

Love Danielle and Bubble xx

It was at the bit when Debbie had her baby I was so pleased for her, even though it's the last thing she wanted!!

Just kept thinking 'that will be me soon'

ha ha I was crying at the bit at the end when Kane held her hand and was nice to her! ahh such a shock!... no one expected that to happen..

hey
i cry at everything on tv now my hubby just laughs at me he thinks i am really sad, especially emmerdale i was hysterical (good job he wasn't in) LOL

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back