LO and TV

LaurenMM

Reaction score
Just wondering if others put their LO in front of the tv ever? In all the baby books I've read it really discourages it, saying it increases their need for stimulation or something like that. I didnt really think it was such a bad thing :S

Obviously I don't agree with it all the time but I put her in her bouncer in front of the TV when I make her bottle for example and she seems to love it! Especially if I put on something like Mickey Mouse Clubhouse and sing to her, she coos back bless her and giggles. But thats the only time I do, the rest of the time I play with her and I turn her away from the TV or turn it off altogether otherwise it distracts her.

Just be interesting to see how other people feel about it and how their LOs are with it xx

the only tv emma watches is 20 mins of in the night garden every night, its er her bedtime routine! otherwise the tv is off.

Nope. He's in the same room as the tv being on but I turn his bouncer around if I can. I can't imagine a glowing box is good for growing eyes.

We watch I can cook on cbeebies even though the woman really grates on me grace seems to have a thing about any program with food lol
It the only thing she is allowed to watch although she looks at the telly alot but I've started turning it off but have the sound on (we have surround sound) so she stays used to background noise

We have it on but i don't let him watch anything yet i turn the chair away!

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

Rhea catches a glimps every now and then seems to like football !! Thinks its the colour green cos she likes my mums wallpaper !! She will sometimes watch peppapig for 5 mins with her boys too xxx

I should add our tv has just broke so none of us are watching anything just now, its really strange lol

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

Ours is off as we have the radio on all day radio 2 rocks lol it doesn't get switched on until 5pm in the week apart from and hour or so in the morning before school weekends it's a couple of hours in the morning the we go out and leave the radio on for the birds (don't ask lol) and it stay on until gone 5 if we are back before hand lol were odd it's more relaxing to have the radio on than the box things are different in the holidays though lol..........anyway that's us sorry for the ramble I don't have much adult convo as you can tell lmao xxx

I never have the tv on during the day, excep for the 15-20 mins or so I'm Breastfeeding him. - I'm the same as vicky, I listen to radio 2 all day. Love jezza vine!!! We watch football at the weekends and if lo is awake he will sit and play in the same room as the tv.

Ooooo jezza rocks!!!!! I esp love pop master with ken Bruce!!!! Xx

Sebastian didn't watch any tv until he was about 12 months old as we barely watch tv anyway and i didnt feel it necessary. Now he will watch ZingZillas and Something Special on cbeebies but that's it. DH and I don't watch tv until the children are in bed and DD barely watches tv. Sebastian would much rather sit and read a book or make/listen to music.

I esp love pop master with ken Bruce!!!! Xx

My OH was on Popmaster last Monday!!! He only got 18 which is rubbish for him and was beaten by 3 points!!

As for TV we only have it on occassionally and sometimes R gets focused on something!! I did try sitting her in her chair in front of Cbeebies once to try and calm her down from screaming blue murder for her bottle, but it didn't work!!

joshuas not interested in the TV at all..........which is irritating at times. sometimes i wish for 5 mins i could have a cuppa in the morning so i an come round!! but hes never that fussed about it at al! x

Holly is very interested in sky sports news! Hubby has to watch it with volume off, even though he only has it on for about 5 mins at a time to catch up!

I don't see the difference in the tv and a toy that's in their face with flashing lights and hypo sounds!! Lilyanna is hooked on TVs! My girls always watched the tv and Jaycee is very into reading books and doing maths all the time too.. She's not turned into a couch potato lol! Nothing wrong with babies looking at the tv at all.. It's shapes and colours moving around with sound.. Aren't all their toys like this?? Most toys are more in their faces! Lily has no toys like that and she's a very content happy baby who sleeps alot! So no way is she over stimulated by the tv.
My opinions and experiences :)
Obviously it isn't the best idea to let the tv babysit the baby lol it's important to play etc but there's no harm in tv time. We always watched an hour of tv with no toys before bed and that always calmed them down before bed.. Still do it now we watch a film under a blanket before bed it's lovely :)

I have the tv on all day :blush: but we're playing most of the time and only actually watch chuggington, something special and zing zillas. We're out a lot anyway tbh.

When she was little though I didn't actually own a tv so it was the radio or nothing lol. I think tv in moderation :) its brilliant to calm them. When she's tired or feeling clingy she really loves just sitting cuddling on the sofa with me and singing along with what's on. I make an effort to turn it over when mr maker, I can cook and show me show me is on though. Can't stand those programmes and Paige shows little interest anyway!

I hate those programmes lol!! Luckily lily loves Jeremy Kyle lol the rich blues attract her I think! I love something special it's so good! Jaycee loved it and was able to sign by the time she was one! I love Justin! He's brilliant! I can cook does my nut as does mr maker!! Omg I let them watch Dora the explorer once coz I'd like them to learn Spanish.. Omg the most annoying thing in the bloody world!! I know repetition aids learning and memory etc but that's taking the piss!!! Lol!

I put my tv on in the morning while we have breakfast and quiet time (she gets tired so easily until her morning nap) and sometimes she gets really angry because it's not 'her' tv. Even though she doesn't actually watch it when I turn it over!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back