Little tips!

Oh,on the advice of another post here (sorry,I forget who), I bought some small baskets to use in different rooms to hold baby wipes and bits and pieces to prevent having to carry things all over the house. Got 3 perfect sized wicker type baskets for a tenner in argos, if anyone's looking for a bargain :)

I was just thinkin about baskets thanks for the tip hun.

Michelle. x

Thanks for all these tips - am sending my hubby to look at these as well, this is a brilliant thread. Have baskets on my shopping list and just ordered the baby bath recommended (£13.99 on amazon with free delivery)
L x

Yep,those are the ones!! They do make the house smell like a rabbits hutch to start with,but they'll be fine once they've aired!!

Me and hubby are doing hampers for xmas rather than gifts so might get a few more to use for them!

Ooh tippitoes bath looks fab and nice and small which is great as we dont have that much room. Just ordered mine from amazon :) x

Hellywelly....I think tippitoes should be paying us commision ;)

It is fab tho....plus because of the design it hardly needs any water therefore does not weigh a tonne to lift! Xx

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

I got some little plastic peg carriers for around the house that worked a treat and where about £1 each and use them still for toiletries. x

Get one of those things with lots of pegs hanging from them. Great for drying all those ickle socks and gloves :) x

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

I second buying/getting second hand gear. Try the local car boot I got a baby bath for a £1, a top and tail bowl x 2 for 50p each, a changing box for downstairs for £1. Breast pump electric Unused for £10. Avent electric steam sterilzer £4. Baby gym £2. Baby swing Graco £2. Few toys £1 each. I had 2 cotton jackets (neutral tags still on from Next) 50p each. If I knew the gender the amount of clothes is unbelievable. I have also had loads given to me clothes, toys, stroller, bumbo seat and tray, monitor, cot for the in laws, moses basket and stand, bouncing chairs x 2 I have saved loads.
Other tips if baby inconsolable try skin to skin (back to basics), if baby is snuffly at 3 months plus and you have a bump wedge from when pregnant put under matress to elevate head slightly. Good for colic too. That should do for now.

One bit of advice from me:get a sling! Walking with lo in it calms them.down and sends them off to sleep. And you have 2 hands to use.
Thermos mug is a must if you want to drink you tea hot

Tapatalking so cant see signatures

Wanted to bump this thread back up as there is such useful advice!

Some from me (pre birth as I haven't had her yet!)

Freecycle! This site is amazing, I've managed to get a packet of newborn nappies, a wardrobe and some sample sachets all for free. Gumtree is also fab for tracking down deals on bulky furniture like cots and moses baskets - people are desperate to get rid to make a bit of space!

Sachets - Throughout your pregnancy collect the sample sachets of shampoo/conditioner etc you get in magazines and anywhere else. They will come in handy when packing your hospital bag and save a lot of space! Also saves buying travel size products which cost a bomb and are an absolute con in my opinion!

What a fantastic thread! We will definitely be following some of this advice! Second hand is definitely the way to go! x

Definitely 2nd hand bargains. We bought Boo's first Christmas present yesterday, a Jumperoo for £9.99 in the local charity shop :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back