Little Tip

Discussion in 'Third Trimester' started by Positive37, Jul 11, 2013.

1. Positive37

Positive37 Well-Known Member

HI Girls, my neighbours just been in shes due her 3rd girl in September and gave me a really good tip - when midwife dresses baby and once u have your head together, and legs !! then basically put Vaseline all around babies bum, basically the first poo ( meconium) is like thick treacle and impossible to clean but if you you have vaseline on bum it wipes off quickly. do this everytime u change baby for first few days.
    xxx

2. Bonfire Bride

Bonfire Bride Well-Known Member

Cheers for that info hun! My MW was explaining yesterday that it's incredibly sticky...so will try this trick xx

3. Positive37

Positive37 Well-Known Member

I know fab xx

4. Bonfire Bride

Bonfire Bride Well-Known Member

Oooh, I have another one for ladies who are going to breastfeed.

Steralize some ice cub trays and fill them with breast milk. Pop them in the freezer in a steralized bag and then when baby is taking both breast and bottle, you can just pop 3 - 4 cubes in a bottle and serve at room temperature once they have melted. This is easier than storing milk in bags.

Breast milk can be stored for 6 months in the freezer and will keep at room temperature for about 6 hours. xx

5. k8_005

k8_005 Well-Known Member

Thanks for sharing the tips ladies. I'd heard the Vasaline one but wasn't sure how true it was! X

6. Vic27

Vic27 Well-Known Member

Wot a good tip I'd heard using a bit of Vaseline would get it off easier but it never occurred to me to put it on first lol will give that a try defo! Hope u and moo moo are well! X

7. LeaAnn

LeaAnn Well-Known Member

Thanks for the tip x

8. l_maclean

l_maclean Well-Known Member

A flat bag run under the hot tap defrosts a LOT quicker than ice cubes - literally one minute. Also takes up less space than ice cube trays and no spillage.

On my iPhone - so cant see tickers :(