Little lost - have I covered it all?

MumToBeMaybe

Reaction score
Hello,

This is officially our first cycle, though we've had irregular unprotected sex for about 2 years, I have PCOS and he has good spermmies.

So here I am in my first 2 week wait, or at least i think so, here's what I've done - have I missed anything?

Don't know cycle length so calculated on avg. 28 days and worked out ovulation period
Did the good thing ;-) over about a week around ovulation, every other day
Laying still post sex
Taking my vitamins
Don't smoke, drink etc.

There are so many other things to do, basal body temp and the such. Is there anything that just must try? Or must avoid?

I'm monitoring my AF now so as to get a better reading of my cycle.

Also, I noticed egg white mucus and made sure we did it that day, but what's the best way to check cervical mucus? Is it just a matter of fishing around up there?

Any/all help appreciated, I just want to know I've got this right :)

K x

Hey

Id say you have covered everything and have a good chance hun!
A lot of people do temp and are successful so if you want to, go for it! :)

Lots of baby dust to you!!

x

Fx for you. I also have pcos, we've been trying for 9 months but no luck so far. I have very irregular cycles so don't know when/if I ovulate. Are you planning to go to doctor at all for help? Good luck to you x

Fx for you. I also have pcos, we've been trying for 9 months but no luck so far. I have very irregular cycles so don't know when/if I ovulate. Are you planning to go to doctor at all for help? Good luck to you x

Hi, yes been to docs. He says because we've been unofficially trying for 2 years he'll refer me if we don't succeed in 6 months, which is good news.

I've no idea about my cycles, never bothered monitoring! Wish I had now.
I'm using clear blue of tests next cycle if I'm not pg this one.

Have you used ovulation tests at all?

Hello!! If it doesn't happen this month I'd definitely recommend opks because I have a regular 27 day cycle and I presumed I O'd at CD14, but it wasn't until I started using them I realised it was cd17 so was missing my eggie. Hopefully you won't need next month though, fx xx

Hi, yes been to docs. He says because we've been unofficially trying for 2 years he'll refer me if we don't succeed in 6 months, which is good news.

I've no idea about my cycles, never bothered monitoring! Wish I had now.
I'm using clear blue of tests next cycle if I'm not pg this one.

Have you used ovulation tests at all?

That's great that they've said they will refer you - hopefully you won't need it and your bfp is right around the corner!

I did buy some cheap opks but struggled using them as you're meant to use them mid-late afternoon and dip them in a pot which I couldn't really do at work! I have some of the clear blue smiley ones so might try those next time. My cycles are really long (currently cd43!!) so it's hard to know what's going on. I had bloods done on cd22 which showed I hadn't ovulated at that point, and I've not seen any ewcm since then.

Cd43 that is long! My OH pointed out to me the other day that I miss counted from my last period ... Oops, I'm on cd27 as far as I can tell. I'm basing my cycle on 28 days because I don't know what it is, so if I don't get AF tomorrow I'm testing!! Screw it!

You should definitely test tomorrow - if you don't know for sure when you're due then it's the best thing to do. I'm trying to restrict myself to testing once a week with cycles being so long but the temptation to poas is always there!!

Anna x

Omg I want to test now!! So badly, I might just do a cheapie. I like the 'once a week' plan, saves on tests

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back