Little Dude is HERE!

BabysMomma

Reaction score
Well to say that I'm besotted is an understatement! :cloud9:

:baby: Welcome to the World My Beautiful Baby Boy Quinn Emerson White! :baby:

Birth was pretty straightforward, waters went about 05.50 on Sunday. Went to hospital and they kept me in. At 16.00 I was told they'd induce me by 18.00 if I hadn't already went into labour myself at that time. I was getting contractions but could handle them and they were regular for a bit then would tail off. So went for a dander around the hospital corridors.

Then by 17.15 midwife told me while I was eating dinner that the consultant (I had a previous c-section) I was under likes to wait 24hrs, not 12hrs as they had expected, to induce so they'd look to induce me the following morning. Just as she was telling me this I started to get more intense contractions. I think baby just knew that I didn't want to go down the induce route :lol: Midwife told me to try and eat my dinner and rest up :lol: . Well by 18.00 I was having regular painful contractions, they just about managed to examine me and had to take me straight to delivery suite at 18.20 while shouting to me not to push yet.

Quinn was born at 18.46, weight 8lb 11oz, I used gas and air for pain relief, birth plan followed to a T with delayed cord clamping, minimal intervention, perineal given time to stretch and not even a tear! :dance:

Then there was a wee hiccup. My placenta wouldn't deliver on its own. I endured three different health professionals attempt to remove it while I sucked on gas and air :x So it ended up that I had to go to theatre, get a spinal block and have it manually removed that way. So I'm in a bit of pain and I'm weepy, but I'm also trying to breastfeed which I think is making me weepy as its gawd damn hard work mingled with those dreaded hormones! But I would not change that cutest little dude for anything. Just a pity about the wee hiccup afterwards and having to stay in hospital. That's why I didn't announce birth sooner. Been out of sorts. Sods law eh haha. But he's here and a wee champ! :cloud9: x

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    35.7 KB · Views: 54
Last edited:
gorgeous!!!! massive congrats hun xx

Aww congratulations! What a beautiful little baba, and a lovely name. Shame about the placenta issue, I bet that was the last thing you wanted after all that. Enjoy cuddles xx

Wow what a Blondie , he's beautiful . Congratulations x

Gorgeous birth story and baby :D well done mummy!

What a gorgeous blonde boy!! Congrats x

Congratulations!! He is georgous! Beautiful birth story;-)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back