Lines getting fainter :(

Elspeth

Reaction score
Hi ladies.

I got a positive result with a frer on Friday. Testing again first thing today (with very concentrated urine) the line is fainter than it was on Friday.

I am due my period tomorrow.

Do you think this looks likely to be a chemical pregnancy?
In past pregnancies the lines have always got darker.
Feeling really confused, upset and silly for getting carried away.

Thanks

Attachments

• IMG_20161030_054938.jpg
    IMG_20161030_054938.jpg
    487.5 KB · Views: 96
I experienced extremely faint lines for the first 3 days of my BFP this time, I actually got a whole BFN the day after my BFP! someone explained it really well to me, although the HCG should be doubling every 48-72 hours it's still only doubling from tiny levels at this stage eg from 10-20, and if you have drunk more than usual or sweated more in the night or whatever then it can affect the tests with such small amounts in your system this early. Also different tests will have different amounts of dye in aswell. I'd worry if the tests lightened over 4-5 days but over 2-3 days very early on I would put it down to variations in the concentration or urine and also the dye in the tests. Test again tomorrow and hopefully you night see a darker one xxx

Last edited:
I agree with ams. If your drank abit more could have diluted your pee.,they still seem the sameish.
Also if you took the test earlier then you did with the other could have changed. It'll get darker xx

Thank you ams.

DH is really unsympathetic as he thinks I'm silly for testing before period is due in the first place.

Oh yes my hubby tells me off too, I have to hide pregnancy tests from him ha! I understand the worry hun it's so stressful. They're still really good lines that you don't need to squint to see, so hopefully tomorrow will be darker xx

I think lines would get more darker after period is due. Those lines look great especially as you tested early. I really wouldnt worry. A huge congratulations to you xxxxx

Thanks ladies for your replies.
I love this forum, I find it so supportive.

I suppose it's just a waiting game, will have to wait and see.
Going to step away from the tests though and give it a few days.

I admit I would find it worrying also but as the others have said its still a bit early to say for sure. Waiting is torture! Hugs

Just a quick update.

AF didn't arrive yesterday and tests have got darker.
Still feeling very tentative and as if I'm just waiting for things to go wrong.
I am feeling more positive though. Thanks again for the advice ladies.

Wish I hadn't tested early and put myself through all this extra stress. When it comes to it I just can't help myself though.

This was my test last night.
When I did the same test 4 days ago you could barely see a line, when I took a photo there was nothing there, it looked like a bfn
So definitely progress.

Have run out of frer. :(

Also rather strangely I seem to get better lines later in the day!

Attachments

• IMG_20161031_200302.jpg
    IMG_20161031_200302.jpg
    191.3 KB · Views: 53
Glad its gotten darker. I always had better lines at the end of the day too.

Hey Elspeth! Congrats on your :bfp:!! I got darker lines during the day too. I got faint ones in the morning and it got me worried for no reason! Happy 9 months to you!

So glad it's getting darker, you'd probably just diluted your wee more/drank something different.:)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back