Line is faint. Again...

Dragonfly Fi

Reaction score
I got my darkest line on Sunday, since then they have been getting lighter :(.

Am really, really woorried

you got a pic huni???
try not to stress (easier said then done thou i no)

x x

hey fi im in a similar position to you...really worried about the faintness of the tests sure they should be darker by now?!!!!!
well we shall have to keep our fx and wait and see which test did u do?
xx

Question: Is a Lighter Colored Home Pregnancy Test Line a Sign of Miscarriage?
Home pregnancy test lines show up -- or don't -- based on the detection of the hormone hCG in your urine. When hCG is present, the test will return a positive result for pregnancy, and when hCG is not present, the test comes back negative. Given that hCG levels increase exponentially during early pregnancy, doesn't that mean the pregnancy test line should get darker and darker if the pregnancy is normal?

Answer:
In actuality, things are not that simple. Although a home pregnancy test line would probably be darker when the urine has a higher concentration of hCG, taking multiple home pregnancy tests to check the color of the line is simply not a reliable method of monitoring development of early pregnancy. Blood is the far more reliable body fluid for monitoring hCG levels.
The reason is that blood maintains a fairly steady composition at all times, thus making it easier to monitor changes in chemicals such as hCG. In contrast, the concentration of urine will fluctuate heavily throughout the day based on how much fluid you drink, how frequently you use the restroom, and other factors. Less concentrated urine means a lighter colored home pregnancy test line.
Even though you will likely pass more hCG in your urine during the course of a day as the pregnancy progresses and your levels increase, this does not mean a home pregnancy test would necessarily reveal a darker line. A person in early pregnancy who takes a test with very concentrated urine could theoretically have a darker colored home pregnancy test line than someone in later pregnancy who tests after drinking multiple gallons of water.
In contrast, the levels of hCG in your blood would not be affected by external factors, and thus quantitative hCG blood tests over a period of days are far more reliable for monitoring hCG levels. If you are feeling anxious about miscarriage or having any symptoms, don't waste money buying multiple home pregnancy tests (and if you can't fight the temptation, don't waste time worrying about light-colored pregnancy test lines). Instead, speak to a practitioner about finding some other form of reassurance that your pregnancy is progressing as it should, such as a blood test.

I think I am just going to hold off til the weekend to do my digi with you x

ahh cool
im trying not to stress easier said than done eh?
xx

Aw hun, had a lie in so only just seen this. Can post pic if you want? Think MrsW's post is very true tho. When did you do test and did you wee in the night? x x

I did 3 frer's starting from 2 days after af due, first was very faint, second faint and then third I did 6 days after af due and then it was quite dartk. Its still early days ladies :) x x

I don't think my lines got really dark until about a week after I got my BFP. Don't stress too much about it, the digi will confirm for you. xxx

Stop POAS.....can't you pee on a plant or something to help your addiction lol. It's only going to fry your brain when the lines go light/dark/light/dark.

Wait to do your digi xxxxxxxx

ha ha ha pee on a plant!!!
i mean i struggle to keep my plants alive dont reckon peeing on them will help!
he he he
xxx

That's it now, I am sending my last frer o Evie and saving my digi till the weekend

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back